Topic: Mono white enchantment deck!

This is a Standard (When theros comes out) deck that I just made. The objective is to use enchantments and stuff. Suggestions will be greatly Appreciated. Thanks!

(A side deck would be nice too)   

http://deckbox.org/sets/483147 (The deck)

Re: Mono white enchantment deck!

I would normally say this isn't bad; however, the biggest issue you're going to run into is the fact that by focusing so intensely on creatures without hexproof and enchantments, you're going to be 2-for-1'ed A LOT.  The real reason most of the auras don't see much in the way of competitive constructed play is because the opponent can figure out after game 1 (or even if they just heard from someone else what your deck was doing in a previous round) that they should just wait until you put one (or more) enchantments on a creature to then remove it.  As a result, you're out multiple cards for only one removal spell.

As such, I see a few issues here. 

First off, bestow was cool in pre-release (I think we can all agree on that).  However, it will not hold up in the much faster standard environment.  Without sweepers and whatnot, RDW will kill you in 4-5 turns.  You'd be lucky to even get any of the bestow creatures online by then. 

Secondly, if you're going with enchantments, why not work in some of the better heroic creatures?  I'm thinking Fabled Hero, Phalanx Leader and things of that nature. 

Third, if you hope to hit the top of your curve with ANY consistency, you're going to want 24 lands.

Fourth, I could see where this would be better if you were to go W/G to include things like Unflinching Courage, Selesnya Charm and the like.

Lastly, why even put Mutavaults in?  I get that a 2/2 creature in a pinch can be nice and it survives sweepers... BUT... it's not like you're going to enchant it.  Anything you put on it would fall off immediately.

im not much of a deckbuilder myself but I really like fabled hero from theros.. 2/2 double strike with heroic so If you attach something like ordeal of heliod to it, it swings for 4

I see I wasn't aware that enchantments target. Thanks!

TBittenbender wrote:

im not much of a deckbuilder myself but I really like fabled hero from theros.. 2/2 double strike with heroic so If you attach something like ordeal of heliod to it, it swings for 4

Simply attaching the Ordeal of Heliod to Fabled Hero would result in you swinging for eight damage, as it would be a 4/4 with double-strike.

TyWooOneTime wrote:
TBittenbender wrote:

Simply attaching the Ordeal of Heliod to Fabled Hero would result in you swinging for eight damage, as it would be a 4/4 with double-strike.

True enough

I've never heavily used enchantments, so I might be way off base, but when I look at the creatures I see some...lackluster abilities. Imposing Soverign? I get that on a two mana creature any abilities past that 2/2 is basically a freebie, but that one in particular doesn't do much. Not unless your opponent's deck is entirely built around hastes, anyway.

I'm tempted to say that some exalt creatures will really change the chemistry of this deck, particularly in the low mana cost slots. Basically, I'm thinking if your creature abilities are freebies, an exalt will sop up more removal than other abilities, hopefully allowing the enchants to deploy as planned. Realistically, I expect your opponent will pick one concept and you'd be stuck working with the other.

Last edited by Egann (2013-09-24 22:38:51)

Egann wrote:

I've never heavily used enchantments, so I might be way off base, but when I look at the creatures I see some...lackluster abilities. Imposing Soverign? I get that on a two mana creature any abilities past that 2/2 is basically a freebie, but that one in particular doesn't do much. Not unless your opponent's deck is entirely built around hastes, anyway.

I'm tempted to say that some exalt creatures will really change the chemistry of this deck, particularly in the low mana cost slots. Basically, I'm thinking if your creature abilities are freebies, an exalt will sop up more removal than other abilities, hopefully allowing the enchants to deploy as planned. Realistically, I expect your opponent will pick one concept and you'd be stuck working with the other.

Imposing Sovereign totally alters the tempo of an opponent's deck.  Not only does it negate haste, it can keep their blockers a turn behind what you're doing.

As for exalted, you can definitely go that route, but they require you to only attack with one creature at a time (often leading to un-ending chump blocking) and would require the deck to be beyond standard legal (although I don't recall if that's an issue here).