Topic: Roommate being a Jerk - Trading his cards away ($3.50 trade)

Ok, before anyone gets all upset about this post, the cards I want to trade away technically aren't his. I made a trade recently with a fellow deckbox member and got a few cards he wanted in good faith he was going to make a trade with me and take them from me. Now he is backing out saying the cards I have THAT HE WANTED are not enough to get what I want from him. He refuses to trade multiple janky rares for one semi-decent rare. ($3.50 rare for 6 cards he wanted that equal the same amount)
Now I am asking just for a small bit of revenge and would love to trade them away to someone else, doubt I will have any takers at all. I also have a few other cards for trade as well so don't discount that.

The cards he wanted are as follows:
War's Toll (Dissension)
Tinder Wall (Ice Age)
Sutured Ghoul (M12)
Thicket Elemental (Invasion)
Incinerate (Ice Age)
Anger (Duel Deck: Venser vs. Koth)

Few cards I have worth mentioning (Literally the only real cards worth mentioning):
Palinchron  (SP condition)
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben x2

I will gladly take some Janky rares, uncommons, and commons for those cards he wanted me to get. I am really pissed off at him right now. Plus I have a lot of random cards on my wishlist. As for Palinchron and Thalia I would love to trade value for value unless I can find some other cards I want for them, but would prefer to stay on the higher side with them.
You may ask why I am mad at such a low price, well, I am only a casual player in college and money is an issue sometimes. Plus I could have gotten a few other cards from the other guy I would have wanted instead of the crap I got for my roommate.
More than anything I want to be able to say that I traded them away if he asks for them, of course stating how he apparently didn't actually want them.

Last edited by Mowza2k2 (2013-09-28 11:38:01)

I collect Requiem Angel and am always willing to take one in a trade.

Profile | Tradelist | Wishlist

Re: Roommate being a Jerk - Trading his cards away ($3.50 trade)

I figured as much. Oh well. Bumping anyways.

Mowza2k2 wrote:

Ok, before anyone gets all upset about this post, the cards I want to trade away technically aren't his. I made a trade recently with a fellow deckbox member and got a few cards he wanted in good faith he was going to make a trade with me and take them from me. Now he is backing out saying the cards I have THAT HE WANTED are not enough to get what I want from him. He refuses to trade multiple janky rares for one semi-decent rare. ($3.50 rare for 6 cards he wanted that equal the same amount)
Now I am asking just for a small bit of revenge and would love to trade them away to someone else, doubt I will have any takers at all. I also have a few other cards for trade as well so don't discount that.

The cards he wanted are as follows:
War's Toll (Dissension)
Tinder Wall (Ice Age)
Sutured Ghoul (M12)
Thicket Elemental (Invasion)
Incinerate (Ice Age)
Anger (Duel Deck: Venser vs. Koth)

Few cards I have worth mentioning (Literally the only real cards worth mentioning):
Palinchron  (SP condition)
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben x2

I will gladly take some Janky rares, uncommons, and commons for those cards he wanted me to get. I am really pissed off at him right now. Plus I have a lot of random cards on my wishlist. As for Palinchron and Thalia I would love to trade value for value unless I can find some other cards I want for them, but would prefer to stay on the higher side with them.
You may ask why I am mad at such a low price, well, I am only a casual player in college and money is an issue sometimes. Plus I could have gotten a few other cards from the other guy I would have wanted instead of the crap I got for my roommate.
More than anything I want to be able to say that I traded them away if he asks for them, of course stating how he apparently didn't actually want them.

So these are your cards that you acquired in order to trade them to your roommate?  I think most people don't want to step into the middle of a dispute.  However if he doesn't want them I do consider some of them EDH playable.  I'd be interested in these.

War's Toll (Dissension)
Tinder Wall (Ice Age)
Incinerate (Ice Age)

However perhaps you should consider selling them to him or trading him for something else (assuming he still needs them).

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-09-28 23:37:13)

gumgodMTG wrote:

So these are your cards that you acquired in order to trade them to your roommate?  I think most people don't want to step into the middle of a dispute.  However if he doesn't want them I do consider some of them EDH playable.  I'd be interested in these.

War's Toll (Dissension)
Tinder Wall (Ice Age)
Incinerate (Ice Age)

However perhaps you should consider selling them to him or trading him for something else (assuming he still needs them).

Yes those are the cards. I will send a trade your way and maybe we can work something out, anything at this point. I just don't physically want the cards anymore. I want them gone.

He does use deckbox and does read the forums once in a while. I await the moment he finds this thread >_>

Last edited by Mowza2k2 (2013-09-29 05:52:51)

Mowza2k2 wrote:
gumgodMTG wrote:

War's Toll (Dissension)
Tinder Wall (Ice Age)
Incinerate (Ice Age)

Yes those are the cards. I will send a trade your way and maybe we can work something out, anything at this point. I just don't physically want the cards anymore. I want them gone.

He does use deckbox and does read the forums once in a while. I await the moment he finds this thread >_>

Alright lol, you're the one that has to live with him.  tongue