Topic: Can't import CSV files

When I try to import a csv file I get the error message "Error: The server encountered a problem trying to import your file. Please check that it is a plaintext csv file and try again."

I am sure the csv file is formatted correctly as I exported from Deckbox and Have checked it out in excel.

Re: Can't import CSV files

I have run into this same problem as well.  I have been really weeding through my tradelist in Excel and have been uploading small ~200 row CSV files for the last week or so.  Since the 2.1 release I haven't been able to upload.

Will take a look at this as soon as possible, thanks for reporting.

In case you want a file to test with, attached is my last failed upload file.  It'll show the check mark saying that it passed the validator, then has the error message at the bottom about how it couldn't make sure it was a plaintext CSV.

Post's attachments

Inventory_Nighthawk_2013.October.03.csv 24.76 kb, 129 downloads since 2013-10-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I am also having this issue. Cannot upload sheets.

Nighthawk, the file you uploaded actually works for me...

But in the process of debugging we fould another csv-related bug, which we fixed. Can you please try again? Also could any of you re-send the troublesome file if one does not work? Thanks again.

I'm having the same issue.  I tried uploading the file attached, and I am getting the server error.

Last edited by dorvaan (2013-11-01 18:03:01)

Post's attachments

C13.csv 22.27 kb, 30 downloads since 2013-11-01 

I get the same error message when trying to import a wishlist, but I can import inventory/tradelists with no problem.  Here's the wishlist I am trying to import.

Post's attachments

wishlist2.csv 341.16 kb, 30 downloads since 2013-11-03 

Fixed another encoding issue, please try again.

When you do upload files containing umlaut characters, make sure you save them as UTF-8 from your spreadsheet program, or you have to manually fix them / manually add them.

Thank you for the fix!

I ended up editing all the cards with strange characters to make sure that Deckbox recognized them. It worked!

I am having lots of issues with the import function. What is wrong with this csv file?

Errors have been found while checking the CSV file. The errors are shown below. Please fix them and try to check the file again.
Count     Tradelist Count     Name     Foil     Textless     Promo     Signed     Edition     Condition     Language

Post's attachments

test.csv 176 b, 39 downloads since 2014-11-09