Topic: Set Checklist

Is there a way to generate a list of cards we have against a set checklist? If not, this would be great to have.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Set Checklist

Hello,

Can you expand a little on this idea, I'm not sure I understand the request.

I was just thinking of something along this line, too.  I just bought someone else's collection, and wanted to finish off mine before passing the rest of the cards on to the wife and kids.  I wanted a list of all the cards in a block, populated with the total number I have and no quantity (better than a printed zero) where I do't have any.

To meet my immediate need, I filtered by block (e.g., Innistrad), then copied and pasted the screen output into a spreadsheet. [The export to CSV function is great, but for the few pages of Innistrad cards I had to start with, the copy/paste solution was easier than mucking with the results in Excel.] Once there, I trimmed to only Quantity and card name, and added another column for the number of cards I wanted or needed (typically, to bring my collection up to a quantity of four of each).  The next step is where this feature would have been helpful.

I had to get a complete card list and add rows for each other card in the set I did not have.  Sometimes I pull them from online lists, but this time I had a complete card list from a Fat Pack, so I used that. Then I manually populated all the additional rows.  In the end, I had a complete list of all the cards in the Innistrad block, with three collumns:

Qty. on Hand / Card Name / Qty. Needed

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

You can very easily get this checklist view by going to card database and filtering by edition. The first column there is your inventory count. You will see both cards you own and those you do not own, and you can modify your wishlist counts for those you do not own if you so desire:

http://deckbox.org/games/mtg/cards?f=5397

If I'm following correctly (and this is something I thought might be useful if I'm not), I think it comes down to being able to filter based on quantity owned.

So, for instance, you could say via filtering: Show me only Innistrad block cards where quantity owned = 0, and get a list of just the cards you do not own from that block.

Of course, the quantity owned filter could be non-zero as well, so you could do something like: Show me only Innistrad block cards where quantity owned < 4, in order to see just a list of cards where you don't have a complete "play set".

This could also help when marking cards for trade, since you could do something like: Show me only Innistrad block cards where quantity owned > 4, so you could get a list of only the cards where you have more than a "play set" that you can then review to mark some for trade.

Makes sense?

Edit: Of course, you can kind of get around this a little with changing the column sorting, but I've noticed in the past that the order of results can sometimes shift around between pages when sorting by certain columns, making it less than ideal to work with.

Last edited by MMJuno (2012-02-28 16:56:08)

MMJuno wrote:

Edit: Of course, you can kind of get around this a little with changing the column sorting, but I've noticed in the past that the order of results can sometimes shift around between pages when sorting by certain columns, making it less than ideal to work with.

The order of results should be correct regardless of the pagination. Do you know by any chance in which situation it was wrong?

sebi wrote:
MMJuno wrote:

The order of results should be correct regardless of the pagination. Do you know by any chance in which situation it was wrong?

This was a couple of weeks ago that I noticed it happening, but I want to say it was the Color/Cost column. I'll have to test it again this evening when I'm off work and see if I'm still seeing it happen.

OK, so...

Ordering by Color, I definitely see the results jump around in order when paging back and forth between the results (it may not be 100% of the time, but it does happen fairly often).

So far, I haven't noticed it when sorting by Cost.

Edit: For reference, here's the sample I was using against my own inventory -- http://deckbox.org/sets/130857?s=a& … 31!791.3.6

Last edited by MMJuno (2012-02-29 19:41:04)

Ok, thanks for the report, we will look into it. Definitely a bug in our sorting.

sebi wrote:

You can very easily get this checklist view by going to card database and filtering by edition. The first column there is your inventory count. You will see both cards you own and those you do not own, and you can modify your wishlist counts for those you do not own if you so desire:

http://deckbox.org/games/mtg/cards?f=5397

This is kind of what I was looking for.  If I could view the entire list on one page (after filtering on an Edition), or click a link for a full printable list, that would be awesome.