Topic: have a pricing question

So I have a signed tolarian academy and I was wondering where I would find a place to price it or what you all would price it at ... also same question for an original ravnica godless shrine ... thanks in advance smile

Last edited by jakehash (2013-12-08 18:51:06)

Re: have a pricing question

I would just go to www.tcgplayer.com and search for the cards, it will give you high, mid, and low prices for regulars and foils. Most websites and traders use the mid price, but some prefer the low.

Always looking for modern and legacy staples.

jakehash wrote:

So I have a signed tolarian academy and I was wondering where I would find a place to price it or what you all would price it at ... also same question for an original ravnica godless shrine ... thanks in advance smile

Would you be interested in trading the Shrine if its NM?

Selling anything and everything on any of my lists

Pitch35 wrote:

I would just go to www.tcgplayer.com and search for the cards, it will give you high, mid, and low prices for regulars and foils. Most websites and traders use the mid price, but some prefer the low.

So people dont pay extra for signed copies?

BasedJeleren wrote:
jakehash wrote:

Sorry I dont wanna trade it untill I know what its worth

jakehash wrote:
Pitch35 wrote:

So people dont pay extra for signed copies?

Not really. Some people don't care, some people value it a little higher, depending on the card, artist and who signed it, and other consider it slightly played, but overall, it's about the same value.

Always looking for modern and legacy staples.

I checked both the Star City and Troll and Toad buylists, and both consider a signed copy to be "played" at best.  No bonus is given, they're treating it like damage.

Personally I have a few signed, but it's not something I would actively go trade for.  I know there are some autograph seekers out there though, so it would really be a question of how hard you want to go hunting them and how long you're willing to wait.

jakehash wrote:
BasedJeleren wrote:
jakehash wrote:

No problem! I would check TCGPlayer. Its at $13 Near Mint on there to give you an idea of what to value it at.

BasedJeleren wrote:
jakehash wrote:
BasedJeleren wrote:

No problem! I would check TCGPlayer. Its at $13 Near Mint on there to give you an idea of what to value it at.

http://store.tcgplayer.com/magic/guildp … ess-shrine
TCG Mid is 14.20

joecat wrote:
BasedJeleren wrote:
jakehash wrote:

http://store.tcgplayer.com/magic/guildp … ess-shrine
TCG Mid is 14.20

I figured since some people prefer Mid and others prefer Low, between the two made the most sense as a starting point to base his price.

Ok thanks guys!