Topic: I Have a Question

I recently bought some RtR boosters for shigs and opened a up a Temple Garden. Upon further inspection, I saw that the temple garden was miscut. Is there anyway I can find out the value of the card? It's not a big miscut, but i do want to be sure and see if there is any additional value.

Last edited by AvtomatKlover (2014-01-01 04:03:25)

Re: I Have a Question

Picture or scan?

Unless its miscut to the point where you actually see another card on a side, it really holds no additional value.

Helios52 wrote:

Unless its miscut to the point where you actually see another card on a side, it really holds no additional value.

This is not entirely true.  Very common miscuts/misprints have little to no affect on the value, the more rare or desirable a miscut/misprint the more it impacts its value.  Common misprints (crimping, minor offset) add little ($1-2) or no additional value, though more rare misprints (half albino, oversaturation of color, severe miscuts showing 2 cards) have a drastic effect on the card's value.  Just being miscut to the point of showing another card is not the only miscut/misprint that is worth something.

i just wanna see it love misprints tongue

In my experience the more miscut the more value you an get out of the card from collectors of such things as always though it also depends on the card in discussion yours is a decent one to pull miscut I will post 2 prime examples....these just missed getting a piece of the card on the sheet underneath it you can see the cutting margin mark on the lower left of each there were 5 in the box, another note the Deathrite has already been traded so please do not ask me about it lol

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/Sheff573/MTG/SlaughterGamesUncut.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/Sheff573/MTG/DeathriteShamanMiscut-1.jpg

Last edited by sheffsmtg (2014-01-01 03:47:14)

See mine is miscut like yours are

Last edited by AvtomatKlover (2014-01-01 04:01:40)

AvtomatKlover wrote:

See mine is miscut like yours are

So yeah if you get a scan of it and post it up on the forums for trade you may be able to get a premium value out of it. The one thing I've learned over the years set a price and be flexible with these they are hard to move at times and only appeal to a certain type of collector.

if anyone has any of those to trade ill trade for em depending on rarity/misprint willing to give extra value
<--(points)
ill take em tongue

Last edited by Eliterawr (2014-01-01 04:06:19)