Topic: red deck vs gods (JIC)

JIC= Just in Case

building Mono-red burn simple straight forward madcap unleash and spells (chandra for extra measure)

but in thinking of SB i cant think of anyway to deal with a god... or do i just blitz and hope to never see it>?

Re: red deck vs gods (JIC)

the gods are mid game cards and while red "can" go big, most of the cards are geared towards finishing things early.

Stop the devotion.  That's about the best you can do.

for some reason I read that as you were putting a god in your deck. 

I don't think you even worry about it. I'd maindeck a couple skull cracks and call it a day. Just get them before the devotion comes online.

Or as Talus said, a few instances of spot removal to ensure their devotion never gets high enough.  Lightning Strike that Nightveil Specter and they're pretty stuck.

As people pointed out already keep their devotion down and their God doesn't become a creature nor much of a problem.  If you're worried about opponents turning on their God and profitably blocking your rush you could use Arena Athlete to prevent their Indestructible god from blocking, this also works well against other decks which field big baddies that are tough to remove for red because of their size like Polukranos, Desecration Demon, etc. 

Firefist Striker might even be better cause he prevents up to two creatures from blocking and battalion doesn't require you to keep stacking enchants on one guy to keep triggering.

yeah FNM i was mad lol
Mono-Red vs Mono-Blue
he manages to get nightveil out, swings takes  a fanatic ok w/e
my turn his turn swings again gets a legion loyalist again ok w/e
after my next turn hes down to 3 im tapped out and im at 4

anywho he swings with nightveil takes a mountain, casts fanatic against me for 5... omg i wanted to cry lol killed by my own fanatic ./fail