Topic: Will trade for anything; have tons of stuff available for trade

I'm willing to trade just about anything in my inventory, and will trade for anything as long as I am gaining some non-significant amount of value, or consolidating value. I'm basically a vendor, but am looking into ways to expand my customer- and contact-base.

Copy/pasted from my thread on the deckbox trading thread:

A few things:
-I always use tcgplayer minimum prices when evaluating trade "fairness".
-I am happy to trade for any valuable cards, regardless if they are on my wishlist or not (valuable = over $10 on the low)
-When not trading for cards explicitly on my wishlist, I probably won't trade unless I am gaining ~20% value. This sounds like nothing but a giant ripoff, but two things- one, I'm willing to take any valuable card, some of which are notoriously hard to trade in smaller trading communities; and two, I have a very extensive collection and virtually everything is for trade. I do a large volume of sales online already, and if my trades are not gaining me value I couldn't get just by selling my cards and buying what I was looking for, then all the trade does is add more work for me. This also means that I'm willing to trade cards like Force of Will for, say, three playsets of Kitchen Finks or something like that.
-My inventory is but a fraction of my collection. I have common/uncommon playsets for every set available in standard, and multiple playsets of virtually every nonrare "staple" card for every format. Cursecatcher, Imperious Perfect, Kitchen Finks, Shrine of Burning Rage, Gut Shot, Beast Within, Timely Reinforcements, Counterbalance, Daze, Hymn to Tourach, and more. If there's something you're looking for, just ask.
-I also buy cards, singles or bulk, though not at "full price".

If you're interested, suggest a trade and we can try to work something out. If there are cards that aren't listed you're wondering about, just ask, though most of my high-valued cards are already up on deckbox.

Re: Will trade for anything; have tons of stuff available for trade

are you trying to gain 20% value and valuing our cards at tcgmin vs yours at tcgmid, or valuing both cards at tcgmin?

I value both parties' cards at tcgplayer minimums. I am looking to make a profit, not straight up rip people off. Hopefully people find my services useful and not shady or underhanded.

What are your thoughts on trading down things like underground sea? I have a bunch of your wants (2 blood crypt, a temple garden, 2 argothian enchantress, and a scrubland) and a bunch of mid to high value stuff I could just throw at you.

I am hesitant to trade the Seas, but if you throw enough value at me, they are certainly available. Certainly no less than 20% on my side, as frankly I think I overtraded to get them in the first place... sad Generally speaking, my duals, Onslaught fetches, and Rav shocks are really the only cards I'm really hesistant about trading, and while there's lots of stuff I'd like to keep... well, I run a business first and a hobby second.

Well, I sent you a trade, perhaps we can work something out. If not for the sea, I'm sure you have something I could use.

Are you selling? I'd like to buy a few cards, can pay through paypal.

Yes, almost all of my cards are for sale. I generally go by tcgplayer's lows but I'll send an invoice and try to cut you a deal.

Six trades completed now! Let me know if you want anything. Things are moving quickly, so hurry up before all the cards you want are gone! wink

[edit]
Added a bunch of wants; these are things I'm semi-interested in, so if you have them, let me know.

[edit]
Also, if you have foils of any of the cards I'm looking for, I'll definitely trade for them. Also, any "EDH" type foils I'm always interested in, so let just submit a trade and we can work something out!

Last edited by Borgin (2012-04-14 08:59:22)

Hey, we were in the middle of a trade (you were just checking if you had the cards), and you suddenly stopped responding. Wondering if you were still interested or what.

Le_Pyro wrote:

Hey, we were in the middle of a trade (you were just checking if you had the cards), and you suddenly stopped responding. Wondering if you were still interested or what.

Apologies, I've had a lot of trades going on and a number have gotten thrown under the bus, accidentally. Responded!

These cards were not listed in your inventory, but as you've mentioned you have allot to offer thought I'd ask.
I'm Looking for 3x Elite Inquisitor, 3x Champion of the Parish, and 1x Honor of the Pure.

Monolith wrote:

These cards were not listed in your inventory, but as you've mentioned you have allot to offer thought I'd ask.
I'm Looking for 3x Elite Inquisitor, 3x Champion of the Parish, and 1x Honor of the Pure.

Yep, I definitely have at least some of these, I haven't gotten around to adding my standard rares as there's something like 3,000 of them. wink

Let me know if you do have them.
I will setup a trade.

Looked through my first binder- found 2 Honor of the Pure, 7 Elite Inquisitor, and 5 Champion of the Parish. smile

Interested in buying:

4x Birds of Paradise
3x Snapcaster Mage
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Olivia Voldaren
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

How much would you want for all of them?

anubomb wrote:

Interested in buying:

4x Birds of Paradise
3x Snapcaster Mage
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Olivia Voldaren

With shipping, I think it'd all be $90.

Borgin wrote:
anubomb wrote:

Interested in buying:

4x Birds of Paradise
3x Snapcaster Mage
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Olivia Voldaren

With shipping, I think it'd all be $90.

Sounds good to me. I'll update you when the money I sent to my paypal is received. Do you mind if I set up a trade for us on this? I'd just include some random stuff for my side. That way everything can be tracked via one outlet. Just to be sure, the cards are in NM condition and you'd be shipping with delivery confirmation correct?

Feel free to set up a trade. I may want to hold onto the Snapcasters, but I'm unsure right now. I'll let you know when I'm back home on Saturday, I can doublecheck inventory counts then.

Borgin wrote:

Feel free to set up a trade. I may want to hold onto the Snapcasters, but I'm unsure right now. I'll let you know when I'm back home on Saturday, I can doublecheck inventory counts then.

Sure. Let me know then and we'll get it started. Also if you have a 4th snapcaster and want to sell that too, I'll do it.

Would you do something like Elesh Norn + Drogskol Reaver for LotV?

asmodeanreborn wrote:

I assume you want the Liliana, correct?

The trade isn't awful, but I am a little on the fence about trading a standard-legal planeswalker for a soon-to-be-rotating card. You can always throw value at me, though, and that's usually enough to convince me, lol.

Borgin wrote:
asmodeanreborn wrote:

I assume you want the Liliana, correct?

The trade isn't awful, but I am a little on the fence about trading a standard-legal planeswalker for a soon-to-be-rotating card. You can always throw value at me, though, and that's usually enough to convince me, lol.

Hehe, okay... I will definitely think about it.

Hey.

I'm looking to buy cube staples. Here is my wishlist (http://deckbox.org/sets/158539) which has the cards I can think of,  but I'm sure that there are many others that I simply am not aware of. Feel free to make suggestions. Let me know what you would be willing to sell.

I am not currently interested in any lands (except for Scalding Tarn) and cards over $40 (eg: JTMS, Dark Confident, Goyf...)