Topic: black white attempt. help appreciated

fairly new to magic and all decks i built prior have been poorly constructed to cards i pulled. this is my first real attempt at a "decent" deck. Built off of cards i currently have, so if theres anything else from the 2014 sets that i should use, please let me know. feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Creature (18)

1x Champion of Stray Souls
4x Fate Unraveler
1x Heliod, God of the Sun
1x Hired Torturer
2x Oreskos Sun Guide
2x Servant of Tymaret
2x Soulmender
2x Spiteful Returned
3x Treasury Thrull

Enchantment (11)

2x Claim of Erebos
2x Divine Favor
2x Dying Wish
2x Sinister Possession
3x Stab Wound

Instant (6)

4x Congregate
2x Riot Control

Land (21)

4x Orzhov Guildgate
5x Plains
12x Swamp

Sorcery (4)

2x Corrupt
2x Sip of Hemlock

I'm willing to trade, so look at my library.

Re: black white attempt. help appreciated

It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish with this deck. Is it a standard deck? Will it be just used for casual or will it be semi-competitive?
I see there is a bit of a life gain/life loss theme here but some of your cards are extremely highly costed like sip of hemlock and corrupt.
Consider using some lower costed killing spells like doom blade, Ultimate Price, Bile Blight or hero's downfall as they will be much more help at 2-3 cmc than sip of hemlock's 6 cost. Also Tithe Drinker with extort and lifelink fits well with your deck. Blood Baron of Vizkopa is THE BW card. Very Very strong.
If you want a bit of hand hate you can add Duress as a cheap option as well as Sin Collector.
That's about all I can help you with given the cards in your inventory/easy to find cards. The typical BW deck looks something like this: http://www.mtgdecks.net/decks/view/66299

Also It's much easier for people to see everything if you put this into a deck and then a link to it, not just typed out.

Hope this helps

Also consider posting your deck box deck list on the magic subreddit.

http://reddit.com/r/magictcg

Thanks for the help, very appreciated! making modifications now.