Re: v3.2: Card quick search and dialogs, chat on orders, selling policies

Darth_Venome wrote:
freshluggage wrote:

It would be nice to have the card information back on card pages (oracle text, etc...). Helps a lot with older cards who's text have changed and/or are really hard to read from the image.
example: http://deckbox.org/mtg/Tawnos%27s%20Cof … collection
I'm assuming the card info was removed so the page could work as the new card pop-up, but maybe the pop-up and the full page could just be different. The tabs and drop-down boxes are good for the pop-up, but I think the full page would be better just having all the info displayed (no tabs, no drop-downs).

Having the permanent card search box on the card page would be nice too. The Ctrk-I feature seems great on pages that normally don't have search, but adds a keystroke in this case. It's also pretty tough to Ctrl-I on mobile. Drop downs, tabs, pop-ups, etc are all pretty difficult on a mobile phone. So having all the info just laid out straight on the full card page would help that as well.

Why was Ctrl+I introduced at the cost of eliminating the permanent search box? It seems counter-intuitive to me to move card information to multiple tabs instead of one central landing page.

The highlighted seems to be one of the biggest issues with the recent change.

You know how Gmail and Yahoo have different viewing of your inbox, like the 'old version' and a more streamlined version, is there anyway to have this option in your settings, perhaps to appease more users? We all understand you can't make everyone happy but I think doing something like this would be beneficial at least, 1 version pre Sunday's update, 1 version of the new. My 2cp

Thanks,
Zarasiss

Do you have plans to change the promo icons from the red ribbon to the image depicted for the "sets" (IE: the shooting star for FNM, IDW for some media inserts, and DCI for rewards)?

Is the card info still accessible somewhere on the site or is that now gone?  I enjoyed the all-in-one-stop on the site. I could look up text on older card versions, look at set legality, etc. Very useful in building decks.  If it is still available, can you explain to me how to access it? Thanks in advance for your response.

sebi wrote:

So all this happens in the dialog, right? This is how it works for me:

Ctrl-i, search for Maafeld Twins:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvr3kyvrq5f1n … .42.11.png

Click edit, add 1 in inventory, 1 in wishlist:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmf2wjzwjunf2 … .42.20.png

Click apply:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr45z48z37d1t … .42.25.png

Is this not the same for you? Which browser are you using, I'll test it out?

I'm using firefox.   I also tried doing it with the example you left and that one worked, but when I tried with all the shocklands and Emrakul it didn't work.

Updates today:

• added Card Info tab with card info & link to gatherer rulings

• added a quick search input on the top of the dialog and card pages to be again able to quickly jump to other cards

• fixed escaping of quotes in user descriptions (you sadly still need to edit your description to fix this if it is already broken)

• fixed editing your collection in card dialog not always refreshing the card counts

• fixed clicking on the min price selecting row in inventories

I'm having issues with the site constantly reverting back to opening the sellers tab by default. What's the behavior here supposed to be?

cyclotis04 wrote:

I'm having issues with the site constantly reverting back to opening the sellers tab by default. What's the behavior here supposed to be?

The tabs are sticky. Whichever one you were on last will be the one that is open next time you open a card info page.

Edit: It looks like the link to Gatherer isn't working quite right. When I click the link it brings be to Gatherer, but not the card page. Instead I get a server error page. See below.

2nd Edit: Besides this issue all of these changes are much appreciated! smile

Last edited by Kammikaze (2014-05-06 15:28:55)

Post's attachments

Gatherer Bug.png 315.2 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

That's what I thought, but not what I'm seeing. What's setting this preference?

It seems to remember the last tab when opened in the modal popup, but not when opened as a new tab.

Last edited by cyclotis04 (2014-05-06 15:31:40)

Kammikaze wrote:

Edit: It looks like the link to Gatherer isn't working quite right. When I click the link it brings be to Gatherer, but not the card page. Instead I get a server error page. See below.

Yeah, all the Gatherer links are pointing to:

multiverseid=<%= @card.gatherer_id %>

cyclotis04 wrote:

It seems to remember the last tab when opened in the modal popup, but not when opened as a new tab.

Fixed, thank you for reporting.

Kammikaze wrote:

Fixed, thanks for reporting.

I wanted to say that if it were not for the changes, I would never have thought about entering cards from the inventory screen via the card import feature. While I normally never enter large amounts of cards, since I bought a booster box recently, that feature has come in VERY handy.  Thanks for all of the hard work, Sebi!

1673299549 wrote:

I wanted to say that if it were not for the changes, I would never have thought about entering cards from the inventory screen via the card import feature. While I normally never enter large amounts of cards, since I bought a booster box recently, that feature has come in VERY handy.  Thanks for all of the hard work, Sebi!

We're happy you like it! We also have some ideas to make the import widget even cooler and easier to use soon.

Your responsiveness to our reader feedback is amazing! I cannot express my appreciation enough for all of the hard work that goes into this. I am humbled for all of the free work you do for us users.

I would still love to see the edition symbols on the card info tab. It was nice to be able to click on them, and see not only the card from that edition, but the prices for that version. I was out of MTG for a while, and being able to have that resource was important to me when looking for cards to put on my wishlist.

Darth_Venome wrote:

Your responsiveness to our reader feedback is amazing! I cannot express my appreciation enough for all of the hard work that goes into this. I am humbled for all of the free work you do for us users.

I would still love to see the edition symbols on the card info tab. It was nice to be able to click on them, and see not only the card from that edition, but the prices for that version. I was out of MTG for a while, and being able to have that resource was important to me when looking for cards to put on my wishlist.

That option is still there, it's just in a little bit different spot. It is now above the card image.

Kammikaze wrote:
Darth_Venome wrote:

That option is still there, it's just in a little bit different spot. It is now above the card image.

I agree with Darth_Venome, that sometimes it's nice to have a quick visual guide to what sets a card was in, rather than needing to select a dropdown to see them. This update has added some good features but also a lot of clicks that weren't needed before.

cyclotis04 wrote:

I agree with Darth_Venome, that sometimes it's nice to have a quick visual guide to what sets a card was in, rather than needing to select a dropdown to see them. This update has added some good features but also a lot of clicks that weren't needed before.

I wasn't saying one way or the other whether I thought the change was good or not. He asked for the pricing info and I told him where it had moved to.

DrakeSlade wrote:

Are there plans to put support for the promo-version (currently missing) of Marrow-Gnawer?

Are you referring to this Japanese Foil Printing? http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisp … duct=79836

sebi wrote:
DrakeSlade wrote:

Are there plans to put support for the promo-version (currently missing) of Marrow-Gnawer?

Are you referring to this Japanese Foil Printing? http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisp … duct=79836

I believe he's talking about the Spanish one.

Add: I guess there's actually a bunch of em. Can't find the Spanish list, though I assume it's the same.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/196-rar … index.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/197-rar … index.html

Last edited by Kammikaze (2014-05-07 12:49:25)

Hiya,

Good job on the updates, and great to see how rapidly you respond to feedback, it's really impressive. I have two minor gripes with the updates that I would love to share with you:

- The dual pricing in inventory/tradelist view I find really quite distracting, particularly when there is only one price rather than both for certain cards. You end up with inconsistent spacing for the set/condition information, making it rather hard to scan down and look for stand out rarities or for foils etc. I'm currently going through my collection adding all the information for each card and I'm finding it much harder to see cards that don't have set information on them because the indentation of different is all crazy and wobbly due to missing sale price. See the screen shot for reference. Suggested solutions: Personally I am not at all interested in the green sale price as I only trade, I'd like to be able to turn off, alternatively when the green price is not available, still pad the rest of the row as though it was there, as though it was the same width as the trade price, that way alignment would be consitent.

- The pop up for card information doesn't work when zooming in on iPhone. I would click a card to then edit the set info, inventory count, condition, see what decks its in. Sometimes I'd zoom in to get a closer look and this is now very broken, the pop up maintains its height and positoin regardless of zoom

I'd like to add, that I am seriously impressed and grateful for the free awesome website you guys produce, I provide this feedback simply to help you improve it even more smile

Cheers,
Karl

Last edited by kchandler2000 (2014-05-07 13:14:56)

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG 118.22 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

when you add a card to your inventory / tradelist / wishlist, then edit one of its characteristics and hit 'apply', the 'Added at' column disappears.

Thank you for that search box. I can chug along on the rest of my cards now.

Is there any intent to let me search for warhammer or warcraft cards in the ctrl+i dialog box?

dragonsfurygames wrote:

Is there any intent to let me search for warhammer or warcraft cards in the ctrl+i dialog box?

Not yet, pherhaps in the next release.

Two related things I've noticed that I haven't seen before:
- When viewing an inventory with multiple sets of the same card, the even/odd coloring of the grid rows goes by card, rather than row. I don't know if this was intended.
- The "even" rows aren't highlighted when selected.