Topic: Require conditions on saleable cards?

Would it be too much of a stretch to require sellers to list the grade of all cards offered for sale? In other words, that th card could not be offered for sale if it does not have complete information (e.g., condition, set).

It seems to me that the condition of a card isn't something that should wait until after items are in a cart. I was ready to make an impulse buy today, but am now waiting for the seller to get back to town to look at the cards, as I'm only interested in cards of specific conditions or better.

[Note: I have nothing against the seller in question. I just believe requiring complete card information will make this a better marketplace.]

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: Require conditions on saleable cards?

Hmm, that is an interesting idea... let's see what others think, I'll also think about this.

I also plan on making it easier to set properties of cards (will try how it looks & feels to make it so that the edition is directly setable inline when looking at your listing, & not requiring to topen the details panel).

I also think this is a good idea. Selling on TCG requires listing a condition.

sebi wrote:

Hmm, that is an interesting idea... let's see what others think, I'll also think about this.

I also plan on making it easier to set properties of cards (will try how it looks & feels to make it so that the edition is directly setable inline when looking at your listing, & not requiring to topen the details panel).

Thank you! Anything youn can do to allow for inline edits rather than the details panel is appreciated by this user.

I think this is a good idea for the most part. I list conditions on all my cards except for majority of commons. I have several tens of thousands of commons for sale at $0.05 each. If I were required to list accurate conditions for each of these, I would probably be forced to just take them off the market.

AsymptomaticPyrexia wrote:

I think this is a good idea for the most part. I list conditions on all my cards except for majority of commons. I have several tens of thousands of commons for sale at $0.05 each. If I were required to list accurate conditions for each of these, I would probably be forced to just take them off the market.

I'll buy commons (when needed) IF I can be sure of the condition (M/NM).  With 21K+ cards of my own, I realize that putting condition information on each one can be a chore.