Topic: Combined Trade and Seller Feedback

So I guess you have updated the way we see feedback to now combine trades and sales.  Is this something that you plan on being a permanent change?  I find it less helpful than the old way.  The separation was good because now you have no idea who has completed sales successfully which to me is the point of having the feedback system.

Re: Combined Trade and Seller Feedback

Why is the distinction significant?

For example, you have 147 feedback, 100% positive. Does it matter how much is trading, and how much is selling

Also, it is distinctly viewable on your profile and if you click on the link

Last edited by Chaim (2014-09-11 16:43:28)

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

The  problem with the old way was that you could only see the score at a glance. If a user had some negative trades you did not see that.

One solution, similar to ebay is that we add the "percentage positive" to the listing, which tells you more info on that. But if we had 2 scores there is not much space for that. It also gets confusing very fast for new people, since you'd have 4 numbers there. Not simple.

But you can still see the old information by clicking on the score, the dialog shows all.

Last edited by sebi (2014-09-11 16:39:55)

Chaim wrote:

Why is the distinction significant?

Also, this... I'm not sure there is a point in making a distinction between the feedback types ...

I think it can depend on how someone looks for a seller.  If you use the purchase opportunities(which I love BTW) it would be easy. If a user goes to the seller and communities page the results are no longer based on sales with positive feedback which makes it misleading to me.  I actually do not mind the combined part but that page made sense having the order based on seller feedback.  With the combined number being the basis it does not makes sense to me.

Sebi you are right in the that the addition of the feedback score is a big improvement.  It is important to be able to see that.

lingor wrote:

If a user goes to the seller and communities page the results are no longer based on sales with positive feedback which makes it misleading to me.  I actually do not mind the combined part but that page made sense having the order based on seller feedback.  With the combined number being the basis it does not makes sense to me.

I see what you mean, didn't think about that page. Will think of a solution there... you are right in that is a bit confusing now.

That is the joys of a helpful users!  Also just one other thing to think about.  Our names come up as "Trade Score" with the combined number.  Maybe there could be a better term to use than trade because in truth that is not accurate to what the score is.  Maybe use something like market or transaction instead.  Little more general term that can be used to say trade and/or sales.

Yep, I'm torn on this change. I have less feedback overall than a lot of people here, but on the other hand I have a number of completed sales and that probably helped me generate more sales because people would see that when they put in an order.

However, to a buyer it is admittedly unclear why you should care more about completed sales than trades. It's not as if fulfilling a sale order is very different than completing a trade. I'd be curious if anyone who's been on the buying side would have a strong reason for wanting the scores to not be combined.

Personally I like it combined.  If you're interested in sales information specifically you can still see that if you click on the number, but it looks much cleaner and is easier to understand for a newer user as it is more like e-bay.  Ebay doesn't display two numbers next to your name (for buying vs selling) so why should deckbox separate selling vs trading?

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-09-11 17:21:48)