Topic: USPS Tracking Problems

Has anyone else been having issues with USPS Tracking. Specifically, it will just say "Arrived/Accepted at Origin facility" for days (up to 10 in some cases.) Then all of a sudden it will just show up. I did a recent trade with someone based out of Ft. Myers, Fl. I live in the Detroit area of Michigan. He shipped the package on Dec. 1. On Dec. 3 Tracking said it arrived at the USPS facility in Denver, Colorado. Then absolutely nothing until today when it arrived in Pontiac, Mi (a larger city about 30-45 min Northwest of Detroit) and left Pontiac. It never said it was delivered. Never had any other scans along the way.

The whole point of tracking (to me at least) is to see where your package is at various points in time and give you the peace of mind that it is on the right track. Not to mention receive confirmation that the package made it to its destination.

If this was an isolated incident I wouldn't have a problem; but this has happened on like 3-4 trades in the last couple weeks. I was just curious if anyone else has had the same type of issues and if you've spoken to anyone at The Postal service about it. I tried calling the help line yesterday and gave up after an hour of not being able to get a human on the phone.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: USPS Tracking Problems

I'm having that issue with a trade atm too.  Shipped priority the 6th, was supposed to get delivered on the 9th, hasn't updated.  I know it's busy for them, but I agree tracking should provide viability.

USPS has been more inconsistent overall, imo, for the last few months or so. One thing to keep in mind though is that because of the holiday season the USPS is handling a much larger volume of letters/packages than the rest of the year. More packages handled means more packages lost.

Example: Here was the tracking for a TCG sale I made a while ago: Tracking. Refunded the buyer when it looked completely lost after a couple weeks.

Last edited by Kammikaze (2014-12-11 17:43:07)

almost a month... that's pretty nice.

This has been happening to be for almost the past 6 months for things I send. For some reason it doesnt seem to effect things that poeple are sending to me but Ive had to let more than few people know that I did infact put the package in the mail and is no longer in my possession. Intially it really only effected things that I just sent with normal tracking and no insurance but the last few i sent to tracking and insurance (namely as a test but also cause it was higher valued trade) it did the same thing.

I understand that its the holiday season and volume is up, but like Helios said, I've been having these issues since October. For myself its been on both sides. I was a day or two away from resending $50 worth of cards because there was never even an acceptance scan at my local post office. I received his cards in a timely fashion, so if I was in his position I would've thought that the person I was trading with just created a shipping label and never sent anything to give the illusion that it was "lost in the mail." Luckily I got a message from him (10-12 days after shipping) that the package had arrived. I take trading seriously. When I agree to send someone something I'm giving them my word that the items will get sent. This nonsense  is making countless honest, reliable traders like myself look bad and its not right. I can understand the  holiday volume slowing things down a bit, but the items not being scanned at various checkpoints is just unacceptable. We pay good money for this service and I just don't understand how its so difficult to scan these things when they arrive/leave. If it happened once I could understand, but its all the time with me and it sounds like I'm not alone.

I've seen this issue most often during the holiday season. However, it can happen anytime.  I've found some post offices (i.e., those in specific cities) are worse than others.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.