Topic: Trading - worth putting commons on tradelist?

My majority of my tradelists consist out of common card are they worth even putting up for trade or just take them off my list?

Re: Trading - worth putting commons on tradelist?

I have traded away a decent pile of commons and uncommons on here.  You had better be organized though, if someone wants commons the odds are that they want a lot of them and it can take forever to find them.

Nighthawk wrote:

I have traded away a decent pile of commons and uncommons on here.  You had better be organized though, if someone wants commons the odds are that they want a lot of them and it can take forever to find them.

Organized?

SebasCvdB wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:

Organized?

I have mine sorted by color and then first-letter alphabetized, but you can see how many thousands of un/commons I have listed.  I just mean that if you just have some randomly mixed boxes you'll hate yourself spending 15 minutes finding a card worth $0.10 in trade value.

Oh yeah I got a seperate old binder where I have them all in so its an easy find.

I list all my cards here.  Some (myself include) may be trying to complete playsets of specific blocks.  In such cases, they're looking for cards of all rarities. 

I agree on having a good system for cataloging and accessing all your cards. I break my card storage down as follows:

Rares/Mythics, foils, high value cards - in a binder and sorted into sections based on format (standard, all other) and then ordered by color, with one misc. section in the back for odds-and-ends cards I won't mind trading. Cards are alphabetized in each section. I always leave at least one pocket open (both front and rear) to accommodate adding cards without needing to shuffle everything.  I also keep a couple of pages in the front of my binder, in which I put cards I received in trade.  That makes it easier to remember what I need to add to my inventory.

Standard - I have a very large five-section card box.  Each color gets a row of its own.  Colorless cards and the more common non-basic lands fill the gaps in the ends of the rows.  Within each color, cards are broken down between commons and uncommons, and each group is alphabetized.  As cards rotate in and out of Standard, I adjust what I keep there.

Non-standard - All of my older commons and uncommons (unless high value) are kept alphabetized in a series of smaller (850 ct.) card boxes.  I have dividers (typically rules/advert cards with post-it notes on them) between each letter, creating a card file effect.  The boxes are numbered (currently, 1-4), allowing me to add more as time progresses.

Lands - I keep all my land sorted by color and block in 850 ct. boxes, trying to get or retain at least four of each variant.  If I end up with way too many (like when I acquire someone else's collection), I cherry pick what I need, and then give away the rest (to friends, family members, or the local game store).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I'm trying to count all my cards, but it is not always worth it I believe.

I do have a quite simple system.
Because I also collect them, I have all cards at least once in a binder, organized in the same way Wizards does it (For the sets before Exodus, after that you can sort on card number)
I put the cards in a card box of 4 rows, in the same order as the binder.

Sorting goes quite fast, you don't have to switch a lot of cards when you add a new pile into it and so on.
Also you can sort them visually, you see every card in the binder.
The rares are also among those because the boxes preserve the cards very well.

I do however not sort the basic lands.
They are kept in a seperate box, except for special lands, they aren't in the binder

Little note: There are several Commons and uncommons that are worth something.
I think of Duress, Ostracize, Goblin Lackey, Rancor, Mana Leak...

Alright I like the suggestions, unfortunately my collection is not quiet big enough for boxes / seperation like that yet. I got everything by edition in the binder at the moment. Got to find time to pick it all apart and colorize everything. Only my Avacyn restored set is colorized etc. Just want to finish that... why? I dont know lol/

A lot of what I have on my wishlist IS commons (and uncommons), so I would say, yes, please post commons on your tradelist.