Topic: H: haven exp, fetches, season,caverns, tl. W: misty, inkmoth, krosa

Trying to finish modern infect
Still need mistys (4)
Inkmoths (4)
Might of old krosa (4)
Blinkmoth (1)
Other than that expeditions and bfz foil full arts

Last edited by PerfectSpecimen (2016-04-07 01:34:25)

Re: H: haven exp, fetches, season,caverns, tl. W: misty, inkmoth, krosa

From my experience in playing Infect, you can build Modern Infect without Mistys and it wont make a difference. As long as you use fetches than get Green you dont need to worry about getting anything blue besides Breeding Pool. Just from friendly advise

Will be using foothills as a replacement but its always better to have the right key elements in my opinion.

PerfectSpecimen wrote:

Will be using foothills as a replacement but its always better to have the right key elements in my opinion.

I would agree if we were talking about Legacy Infect where the spells in the deck are more balanced between Green and Blue, but in Modern the deck requires more green sources to "combo" off so the color fixing requirement is not as important.

I would actually argue that Noble Heirarchs are more of a key element to the deck than the Mistys.

But to each his own, just sharing some friendly advise. Apologies for side tracking your thread.

No worries about that i appreciate the feedback. And i do want to get heirarchs as well. I mostly want to be able to try modern out before o go for broke. Mistys and tarns are the only fetches i dont have a playset for so if i dont like it i wont feel like im stuck with overpriced cards like heirarch that i would normally not play outside of format. And the 4 breeding pools are my only blue lands in a deck thats running 4 agents and 4 spell pierces with 8 colorless lands so i want to ve able to search for either if i can but i am going to run it with foothills for the time being and for green i have the pools 2 pendelhavens and im toying with putting in dryad arbors but im not going to if i dont have mistys i will probably go with yavimaya coast or hinterlands.
Think i will add you so i can talk more in detail at another time.

Got 2 inkmoths and 2 nobles

Open a discussion if you see anything you want.

I have to hit on this.

Modern infect has never, and will never, run a basic island (look at lists). You do not need Mistys.

Not running an island. Prefer to build my own rather than take someones tourney deck. And do we really need any card. I WANT them same as any card. This is a trading thread not general discussion right?

PerfectSpecimen wrote:

Not running an island. Prefer to build my own rather than take someones tourney deck. And do we really need any card. I WANT them same as any card. This is a trading thread not general discussion right?

If you want the card you want the card, but you're talking in the thread about optimization and calling them "key elements" when they are 100% unnecessary since any green fetch gets you any fetchable land in the deck.

So sorry it's offensive that people want to let you know you can save yourself a few bucks over some mistaken thinking.