Topic: Trading local w/prices

I was thinking of a way to improve the site.  If the site had an area to do a "mock" trade for local trading it would probably be what leads me towards subscription.

Much like the apps on your phone that list TCG/SCG prices in trade but in subscription only area?  Then if you hit completed trade it updates your inventory(I dislike more and more coming home and updating my traded cards but carry my tablet with me at the local game shop).  Could even have a history so you could list your local trades with friends.

This may exist I do not know.

Re: Trading local w/prices

Currently you only have to option of doing a local trade with an existing Deckbox user (but you cannot trade with yourself! smile )

But I agree, being able to input a trade with a non-existing user would be a smarter way to keep track of your trades, and possible faster than working with your inventory on your mobile device.
Personally I write this up on paper while doing the trade (as most Danish users use MagicCardMarket's prices, and not Deckbox/SCG/TCGPlayer and so on) and when I get home I update my inventory.

People at my LGS have started using deckbox for inputting decks they have and mish mash inventory's at my suggestion(not many have been trading online).  But I think a tool like this would lead more people to using Deckbox.  At my LGS they know I just check if I have something by clicking search for cards.  BUT, if I could search, trade, then show my inventory was updated I think more people would be apt to use Deckbox for it's convenience and oddly enough building their inventory to boot.

Otherwise I think the site is great!  About to start trying to sell some old revised dual land cards I have not put in my inventory for the first time.

Interesting idea, I like this quite a bit.

on the same topic, there was a "feature" previously, where in each trade, you could put card in the trade that you did not actually have in your inventory, but it was removed.
some "phantom" trading would be nice, for example, when we open a lot of boosters and my friend gets something i need, we could open a trade and avoid the whole hassle of him putting cards into his tradelist.
useful, when only you have a computer/portable device and want to finalize the trade

Now that I think about it more.  A trade area to trade with a nonuser but add both sides yourself(but is actually trading with yourself - removing cards on one side and adding on the other).  This would be really cool if you could add a name note with small history....say local trade with Chris or John or Steve or ETC.  Also, this could be used for when you win packs and update and inventory(trade with FNM) as a lets says $5.00 buyin on one side and add the cards you win on the other.  I used to be a online poker player and tracking your win/losses would tell you if FNM, SCG, or Modern night is better return just for your personal information.

Thanks for looking at the idea Sebi - if it is able to be done and help draw more people to the site that would be awesome.  An internet program or an app like that would be a good draw for deckbox.