Topic: Lighting Bolt price escew

Started happening a few days ago.

The deckbox price lists it $2.76, where the average is $.94, highest $1.99

Strange? I think so. Really throws my estimated prices off for my decks.

Re: Lighting Bolt price escew

There are a LOT of cards that this has happened to as of late, it's not just Lightning Bolt.

I think our price syncing with tcgplayer is off, will check. I've manually triggered a change now, will check again in a few hours to see if generally the prices are closer to the correct values.

sebi wrote:

I think our price syncing with tcgplayer is off, will check. I've manually triggered a change now, will check again in a few hours to see if generally the prices are closer to the correct values.

Also noticed now that some basic lands, (Forests and Mountains), are off, ($.58 & $1.08, respectively)

Last edited by vallum (2012-08-06 15:00:43)

Yeah, I think what happened was the site is collecting data from all printings of the card, It makes old cards that go back to Alpha to now more expensive, because it averages printings from then

TheTorq wrote:

Yeah, I think what happened was the site is collecting data from all printings of the card, It makes old cards that go back to Alpha to now more expensive, because it averages printings from then

Yes, it's the breakdown of cards by release that is causing the fuss.  The average price appears to be including all variants.

According to the average method, my collection jumped in value over $1,000 in the past week.  Quite the surprise.

When I looked at the maximum pricing, my collection (should be around $1,800 using the average method) is now valued at over $134, 000!

I got a good laugh from that one.

I'm just going to switch to lowest for now, until there is some progress on making the average more realistic again.

BTW--I view the low price as the amount of cash I'd likely get if I sold my entire collection.  I use (--prior to today--) the average to determine the insurance value for my collection.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

$134 k?  Sounds like someone has an incentive to go ahead and sell the collection wink

Yep, my collection's average jumped a little over $2k over the weekend as well. I also figured something must be up with the earlier versions skewing the pricing.

Pricing is off with the sync from tcgplayer...My average total inventory price was around $4500 and now it is $6900...checked maximum price and it went from about $7000 to $411,000.

Yeah, anything that's been printed in multiple sets, especially things from ABU and Revised is showing a major skew in price.

cbwebber wrote:

Yeah, anything that's been printed in multiple sets, especially things from ABU and Revised is showing a major skew in price.

It has been suggested that the site offer ways to distinguish pricing on different versions.  I guess this might just force the hand a bit.

We've looked at this issue and indeed many things are off, the tcgplayer.com API is returning off values . We've contacted them for more information, waiting for a reply.

Sorry for the temporary inaccuracies.

any update yet on this issue? Thanks!

Hello,

tcgplayer are saying that they have not changed anything with the average price calculation in the last month, so no solution yet.

I think this will only be solved when we deploy the next site version (right now targeted for middle of september).

sebi wrote:

Hello,

tcgplayer are saying that they have not changed anything with the average price calculation in the last month, so no solution yet.

I think this will only be solved when we deploy the next site version (right now targeted for middle of september).

Any updates to this site about the time the problem started? Any updates to the underpinning software (on your machine, or at the ISP)?