Topic: Advanced Card Add --> Version Override

When I get batches of card (e.g., collections, large lots), I typically sort them by edition, color, quality, etc. to make adding them in the advanced card input screen easier.  One thing I've noticed for cards that exist across multiple editions is that the system defaults to the newest release.  That's fantastic if I'm entering new cards from the most recent release, but gets to be annoying when trying to add quantities of cards across multiple sets.

What I propose is this: an override field for the edition.  If left blank, the form will use the default value that populates the drop-down edition box.  If populated, every card you add will use the edition listed in the override box until the box is cleared (either manually, via a button, or by refreshing the page).

The override box could still use the lookup to the list of valid set names, to ensure no errors (due to invalid edition) as the cards are added.

This could also be done with the condition and language fields.

While it would most benefit those of us entering large numbers of cards at one time, it would also benefit anyone who enters older decks.  For example, I'm just getting around to entering my Venser vs. Koth Duel Deck today, so each time I enter a card, the system populates the edition as the most recent regular edition that included that card in the release. I need to manually select the VvK edition for each card being added.

Thanks for the great site.  I realize you can't do everything.  I'll just keep posting ideas as they come, and you may decide whether it will be a good improvement for the community.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: Advanced Card Add --> Version Override

I have often wished for such a feature. It would make the process of adding inventory to deckbox much faster.