Topic: database: Commander 2016

The new Commander 2016 set & its many tokens are now available:

https://deckbox.org/editions/421-commander-2016

Re: database: Commander 2016

Ty good sir smile

Thank you!

I've been waiting for this one. Thank You.

Order // Chaos is missing, despite being part of the Open Hostility deck.

edit: Trial // Error is also missing.  Looks like the software you're using to scrape Gatherer doesn't properly handle split cards.

Last edited by Paddock (2016-11-11 20:29:08)

I also noticed that there isn't an entry for the oversized commander cards. Can those be added as well?

I want to mass import the 5 decks into my inventory but the mass import doesn't seem like it will do it properly. It looks like the only options are to import 1 of each or 4 of each card from the set. I would like to import 1 of each deck into my inventory which will obviously have more than 1 of some cards and only 1 of others. Can this be fixed to avoid having to enter all 500 cards individually?

Thanks a lot!

RustyNails123 wrote:

I want to mass import the 5 decks into my inventory but the mass import doesn't seem like it will do it properly. It looks like the only options are to import 1 of each or 4 of each card from the set. I would like to import 1 of each deck into my inventory which will obviously have more than 1 of some cards and only 1 of others. Can this be fixed to avoid having to enter all 500 cards individually?

Currently, the easiest way to accomplish this is to copy the 5 decklists from one of many online sources, then from your Inventory, click Add Cards > Add From List, and paste the decklists. Before importing, over to the right change Edition in Default Values to Commander 2016, then import.

The only thing this method won't achieve is dividing the basic lands into each collector number. If this is important to you, you'll have to do that manually.

You'll also have to add the oversized cards separately, although you should be able to successfully use Mass Import from the Oversized Edition page.

That being said, this is a feature which I believe is very important to have. I started a feature request thread. Please feel free to contribute if you have the time!

Excellent. Thank you!

Hi guys. In regards to the partner ability, are there any plans to update the commander input to allow 2 cards in the deck builder? Also, it'd be nice to be able to input a planeswalker aside from the 5 default commanders.

thanks,
robby

10154256567945339 wrote:

Hi guys. In regards to the partner ability, are there any plans to update the commander input to allow 2 cards in the deck builder? Also, it'd be nice to be able to input a planeswalker aside from the 5 default commanders.

thanks,
robby

Yep, I need to find a way to sort that out nicely.

In other news, forgot the oversized commanders, should be in now here: https://deckbox.org/editions/424-oversi … ander-2016

How is everybody dealing with the double-faced tokens (not just in Commander 2016 but in the other products that have them)? You only have 10 physical cards, but get 20 tokens, effectively. So is it better to list just the 10 front faces in your inventory, or....?

To compound the issue, it would seem that a given front face doesn't always have the same backs. I don't know this personally, because I don't own any opened Commander 2014 - 2016 decks, but according to MTG Salvation, the"Breed Lethality" deck (for instance) contains the following tokens:

1x
FRONT - {B} 0/ Germ
BACK - {W} 1/1 Spirit with Flying

1x
FRONT - {W} 1/1 Bird with Flying

3x
FRONT - {W} 1/1 Bird with Flying
BACK - {G} 1/1 Saproling

5x
FRONT - {G} 1/1 Saproling

So if I were to try to list 10 tokens in my inventory by the front face, I can't just input 4x Bird tokens, because 3 of them have Saproling backs while 1 has a Spirit back. How am I to differentiate them in my inventory, since physically, the Bird/Spirit card is unique from the Bird/Saproling?

10154256567945339 wrote:

thanks,
robby

These things!  Both of these things!  Please? smile

meldon44 wrote:

How is everybody dealing with the double-faced tokens (not just in Commander 2016 but in the other products that have them)? You only have 10 physical cards, but get 20 tokens, effectively. So is it better to list just the 10 front faces in your inventory, or....?

To compound the issue, it would seem that a given front face doesn't always have the same backs.

I've wondered about this myself.  Right now my "workaround" is... I simply don't keep track of my tokens in Deckbox.  But I would prefer to be able to do so, and do so correctly.

meldon44 wrote:

How is everybody dealing with the double-faced tokens (not just in Commander 2016 but in the other products that have them)?

I believe I've added some to deckbox before realizing they don't really fit here. My answer: Excel

Excellent! Thanks.

I'd really love to see an option to batch add Commander decks to inventory. It takes an agonizingly long time to add all of the cards piecemeal once I've picked up a deck.

Gravityslave wrote:

I'd really love to see an option to batch add Commander decks to inventory. It takes an agonizingly long time to add all of the cards piecemeal once I've picked up a deck.

Please see my reply above in this thread regarding this exact issue -- current best method of achieving a mass import, as well as my feature request thread.

You definitely don't want to enter these decks card by card! Very tedious.

Last edited by meldon44 (2017-01-04 05:14:14)

If it helps, I put all of the deck lists in excel and merged all of the duplicates, except for basic lands.  So right now, if you add one of each commander 2016 card, you can manually add additional copies of these to get to a complete list of all cards (keep in mind, you will be adding one less of each than the number here):

5    Ash Barrens
5    Command Tower
5    Commander's Sphere
5    Evolving Wilds
5    Exotic Orchard
5    Sol Ring
5    Terramorphic Expanse
4    Fellwar Stone
3    Ancient Excavation
3    Azorius Chancery
3    Grave Upheaval
3    Migratory Route