Topic: mtg: Updated banned / restricted lists (Felidar Guardian, Top, etc)

Updated the format legality of cards and decks, according to this week's announcements:

Felidar Guardian is banned in standard.
Sensei's Divining Top is banned in legacy.
Gitaxian Probe, Gush are restricted in vintage.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a … 2017-04-24

Re: mtg: Updated banned / restricted lists (Felidar Guardian, Top, etc)

Thanks.

Can you also add the Commander changes of Protean Hulk being unbanned and Leovold, Emissary of Trest being banned?

psrex wrote:

Thanks.

Can you also add the Commander changes of Protean Hulk being unbanned and Leovold, Emissary of Trest being banned?

Commander validity does not yet check for banned lists, I need to find some time to look more in detail at the commander variant checks.

sebi wrote:
psrex wrote:

Thanks.

Commander validity does not yet check for banned lists, I need to find some time to look more in detail at the commander variant checks.

Not something I would be super concerned with. Primarily commander is a format that sees very little changes, concerning bans anyway. As well, in my opinion, there really shouldn't be any bans for commander. Not to say I like what leovold did, but without overwhelming challenge we are not pushed to further our skill.