Topic: database: Commander Anthology, Gotta

Hello,

A few days late, but finally imported: Commander Anthology cards, as well as the tokens:

https://deckbox.org/editions/440-commander-anthology

In addition I added 3 missing media insert promos from the Japanese Gotta magazine:

https://deckbox.org/mtg/Thorn%20Element … ting=35582
https://deckbox.org/mtg/Ascendant%20Evi … ting=35583
https://deckbox.org/mtg/Parallax%20Deme … ting=35584

Re: database: Commander Anthology, Gotta

That new B&R announcement done me in realllllllllllllll good...

For some reason adding the cards from the deck lists results in having them assigned as "Unknown Edition" even though I have the default edition set to Commander Anthology.  I've even tried making a CSV file that explicitly defines the cards as being from that edition and they still won't import correctly.

I've gone ahead and included the CSV file I used to try and import the cards to my inventory.  I'd like to be able to add all 4 decks into my collection in one go, rather than having to go through all 400 cards one at a time.

Post's attachments

Inventory_Undead_Zeratul_2017.June.14.csv 16.83 kb, 14 downloads since 2017-06-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Undead_Zeratul wrote:

For some reason adding the cards from the deck lists results in having them assigned as "Unknown Edition" even though I have the default edition set to Commander Anthology.  I've even tried making a CSV file that explicitly defines the cards as being from that edition and they still won't import correctly.

I've gone ahead and included the CSV file I used to try and import the cards to my inventory.  I'd like to be able to add all 4 decks into my collection in one go, rather than having to go through all 400 cards one at a time.

I had the same issue. Luckily I added only one of the decks and I figure I'll wait till the issue is fixed before I add the others.

If it helps I added them via mobile chrome 58.0.3029.83

Looks like the Card Number column is needed for the Commander Anthology edition to get set.

I'd rather not have to manually set the card number on each and every row in that CSV, I might as well just add each card individually at that point.  Either way, even manually adding Meren while having the default edition set to CMA doesn't seem to be working, either.

Post's attachments

Screenshot_1.png 37.68 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Undead_Zeratul wrote:

I'd rather not have to manually set the card number on each and every row in that CSV

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say you should do that. I was telling Sebi where the issue seemed to be. It's always nice to have the exact reproduction steps before trying to fix a bug. smile

Ah, no problem; I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive or anything either.  Just thinking out loud.

Thanks for reporting this, it was a bug that I think I fixed now finally. If you try again it should work.

Seems like it's working now, I just added an entire decklist (minus the basic lands) using CMA as the default edition and each one was set to the correct edition.  Thanks!

Thanks!
Any chance that Archenemy: Bolas will be added as well?

Undead_Zeratul wrote:

I'd rather not have to manually set the card number on each and every row in that CSV, I might as well just add each card individually at that point.  Either way, even manually adding Meren while having the default edition set to CMA doesn't seem to be working, either.

Depending on your comfort level with this, you could use Excel to solve the issue in under 10 minutes. You need two worksheets, with on holding your csv data as currently constituted. Go to a source that has the card name and card number data for the set and import that into a second worksheet. From there, create a new column in the first worksheet and populate it with vlookup() calculations that use the card name as a key to pull the corresponding card number over. If you then want to stabilize the data, copy the looked up values and paste values over them, replacing the formula with the actual values they pulled in.

Export to csv again, and you're all set.