Topic: Have Thundermaw Hellkite - Want, lots of stuff

Just pulled a Thundermaw Hellkite at FNM.  Never even played.  Up for trade to whomever can fill the most of my wishlist - note that I don't want offers with $30 worth of commons/junk rares.

My wishlist:  http://deckbox.org/sets/129549

Re: Have Thundermaw Hellkite - Want, lots of stuff

Got an avacyn and x2 talrand lmk if youre interested in those or others ive got

I could be tempted... let me dig around with some of what you have.  Do you prefer avg or min prices?  (I'm on min now with the blip in TGC averages).

I use Minimum prices but specific to the edition it's printed in if that's a relevant factor, I'd also offer above value given that you'd probably be trading down

Last edited by imsully2 (2012-08-18 06:14:09)

I'm pleased to report the Thundermaw has found a new, loving home.

Thanks everyone who expressed interest.

imsully2 wrote:

I'd also offer above value given that you'd probably be trading down

I'm thinking about making that a policy of mine, perhaps adding it to my profile: will accept trades of low value cards for high value cards at a premium of 'X'.  I just don't know what value 'X' should have.  Perhaps that's a seed for another thread...

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

It's one of those things that the higher dollar cards are obviously at a premium, and unless the person offering it is dying to unload it, you likely would have to give up some value (within reason).  Unless it's a roughly even swap (i.e. Thundermaw for Sublime Archangel or Cavern of Souls, etc) i don't think it's unreasonable to expect.

I know that I've received countless offers for 2-3 five or six dollar cards that are comprised of like 1-2 one dollar cards and a bunch of junk rares/uncommons.  In those instances, I'm VERY unlikely to do the trade unless I'm picking up a LOT of value.  I've instituted a rule that I go by low values (because 1. you could just go buy them at that price, and 2. it doesn't inflate the values of penny cards) and that the person trading up will have to give up value.  I get that you have to start somewhere, but man...

I did start a thread on the topic, if anyone here would like to join in:

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2999

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.