Topic: Feedback drop-down menu bugged in some browsers?

Bug observed: Drop-down menu registered wrong feedback.

Users involved: CloudAran (me) and Zenthelm

Browsers: I've been using Chrome mostly, but I believe I experienced the issue in Safari. I have not asked Zenthelm what browser he was using.

Affected Trade: http://deckbox.org/trades/21360?s=19017

Detail:

While trading with Zenthelm, I experienced some trouble with the drop-down box for trade feedback not properly displaying the selection I had clicked in the menu. I finagled this a bit until I got the +1 I was trying to select, but it seems Zenthelm had a similar issue and did not catch it before submission (confirmed with him via messages). We've also looked for a way to correct this mistake, but it doesn't appear that you can edit feedback after it is initially submitted. That additionally seems like it could use a built in method for correction (IE if a claim was disputed or later resolved and both parties agreed to change either or both feedbacks).

Last edited by CloudAran (2012-08-20 19:14:29)

Re: Feedback drop-down menu bugged in some browsers?

related bug report:

...apparently the poll option for yes got removed when I submitted this topic and I can no longer access the poll to correct that, delete the poll or delete and report this topic.

CloudAran wrote:

Bug observed: Drop-down menu registered wrong feedback.

Users involved: CloudAran (me) and Zenthelm

Browsers: I've been using Chrome mostly, but I believe I experienced the issue in Safari. I have not asked Zenthelm what browser he was using.

Affected Trade: http://deckbox.org/trades/21360?s=19017

Detail:

While trading with Zenthelm, I experienced some trouble with the drop-down box for trade feedback not properly displaying the selection I had clicked in the menu. I finagled this a bit until I got the +1 I was trying to select, but it seems Zenthelm had a similar issue and did not catch it before submission (confirmed with him via messages). We've also looked for a way to correct this mistake, but it doesn't appear that you can edit feedback after it is initially submitted. That additionally seems like it could use a built in method for correction (IE if a claim was disputed or later resolved and both parties agreed to change either or both feedbacks).

I've noticed this recently, too.  When the feedback drop-down first appears, you can try to select +1, but it stays as Neutral when you move off the field.  The workaround I've found is to first  select Neutral from the drop-down menu, then click the drop-down arrow again and select +1.  Making +1 your second selection makes it stick, and then you can apply your feedback.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

HikingStick wrote:

I've noticed this recently, too.  When the feedback drop-down first appears, you can try to select +1, but it stays as Neutral when you move off the field.  The workaround I've found is to first  select Neutral from the drop-down menu, then click the drop-down arrow again and select +1.  Making +1 your second selection makes it stick, and then you can apply your feedback.

You bring up a good point, listing work-arounds for others experiencing this in the interim would be a good idea.

My work around was to select anything, then while the drop-down was still in focus, I used the arrows keys to adjust to the correct option.

Noticed this same issue recently, and noticed the same workaround (using Chrome).

Sorry for the issue guys, now it should be fixed. (And the default should be +1 instead of 0 too)

sebi wrote:

Sorry for the issue guys, now it should be fixed. (And the default should be +1 instead of 0 too)

Awesome, thank you. Are you able to address Zenthelm and my issue specificly? (I have a -1 from this issue that should be a +1 according to Zenthelm and he can't fix it)