Topic: [Standard] - Wizards - [Opinion]

Need some assistance with tuning this deck a bit.
For the most part, I'm getting decent card draws, but I feel it could still use some tweaking. Especially the sideboard.

http://deckbox.org/sets/216549

The idea is to use Cavern of Souls, naming "Wizard" (and if necessary, Dryad), and then control from there.

The hitters would be the Delver of Secrets, Quirion Dryad, any drakes from Talrand, and anything else equipped with the runechanter's pike.  Yes, the Havengul Lich is also a Wizard, and well worth the cameo for its ability/cost.

Lots of flashback use here via the snapcaster mages, which can quickly pump the dryad.  Should be a fun deck until October. smile
Please let me know how it works if you start using it as well.

Last edited by corvair64 (2012-08-21 04:48:08)

Shahrazad - Yo Dawg! We know how much you like playing MTG, so we put a game of MTG in your game of MTG!

Re: [Standard] - Wizards - [Opinion]

No feedback at all?
Guess I'll have to try it out a bit at more FNMs.

Shahrazad - Yo Dawg! We know how much you like playing MTG, so we put a game of MTG in your game of MTG!

To be honest people who comment on here aren't really big on the Delver + Snapcaster Strategy and while the deck isn't quite a traditional delver deck it's still got all of the most important components, leaks, ponders, gitaxian probes, gut shots, vapor snags, and it should have all of those things, they're what make a deck like this so good but it's not really that interesting to comment on, I'd help out if I could but the things that would make it better are just the things that make it into the tournament quality delver deck, add Mirrodin Swords, drop green and add white, add restoration angels and Geist of saint traft, blah blah blah, otherwise you could go to RUG delver and make it a burning vengance deck and add Noxious Revival and the like, Good luck to you and hopefully someone'll be able to help out more

P.S. I'm not saying that there is a single thing wrong with Delver Decks, it's just hard to make them creative and most decks on here are designed more to be creative and center a deck around one "Bad" card that's really fun and the deck either runs perfectly and the combo is unstoppable or more likely the deck just sputters out, and we try to make the combo more effective, a deck with the "Delver" strategy doesn't really need much help, you're going to win quite often as it stands IMO

EDIT: also take torpor orb out of sideboard, it wrecks your dryad and all of your snapcasters, it's never worth sideboarding in

Last edited by imsully2 (2012-08-23 03:01:09)

Cool, thank you.  Yeah, delver is always delver. The only real creative thing here is the use of wizard for the cavern call.
I appreciate the feedback though and will make a couple changes to see how it pans out. smile