Topic: I desire Foil Delvers

would still like to have one more foil delver, if someones looking to part with it. (value at about $5)

amuses me how this thread turned into delver speculation

Last edited by tretty (2012-09-27 02:28:55)

Re: I desire Foil Delvers

tretty wrote:

the foil market in my area is rather small, as my LGS owner tends to buy them up for his own collection.

Looking to trade whatever you're interested in for some foil delvers (value at about $5)

I'd fault your LGS owner, but he's probably just going to hold onto them for a few years. I have 21 of them and $5 is criminally low. I'm patient (and he likely is also) - and $30 is not out of reach for this card down the line a bit.

schild wrote:
tretty wrote:

the foil market in my area is rather small, as my LGS owner tends to buy them up for his own collection.

Looking to trade whatever you're interested in for some foil delvers (value at about $5)

I'd fault your LGS owner, but he's probably just going to hold onto them for a few years. I have 21 of them and $5 is criminally low. I'm patient (and he likely is also) - and $30 is not out of reach for this card down the line a bit.

$30 for a foil common? What planet is this?

mpinsky wrote:

$30 for a foil common? What planet is this?

My thought is the fact of it being a double-sided foil is what makes the difference.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

schild wrote:
tretty wrote:

$30 for a foil delver?  Yeah they are going to be really sought after but I don't think they'll ever get more than $20.  They're going for $7 on scg right now.  Personally I wouldn't value them above $10.  When trading for them you value them at what they are worth when you trade for them, not for what you think they will be.

Unless Wizards makes another powerful 1 drop blue card... I could see a Foil Delver easily getting 25-30 in about 2-3 years.  Especially for a card that is seeing play in all formats.

Last edited by Zuul36 (2012-08-24 14:31:14)

Does anyone know what the most expensive foil common from the past is currently? Or how to find that out?

Isn't a Foil Brainstorm/Foil Dark Rituals from Mercadian Masques going for a ridiculous amount?

Yeah.. I just checked SCG - Foil Dark Ritual is $40 and the Brainstorm is $100

But those were made when the print runs were much smaller and foils were new though correct? Also those cards are never going to be printed again, do we think the same is true for delver? Not arguing btw, just discussing - as I have 6 of these and am curious as to what we all think will happen to Delver foils.

I agree with you. 

I would like to know what is the percentage of card are foils from a full print run.

I kid you not that at one time a playset of foil squadron hawks sold for a 100 bucks on ebay. Granted this was during the peak of Caw Blade but it shows the length people will go to sometimes...

Helios52 wrote:

I kid you not that at one time a playset of foil squadron hawks sold for a 100 bucks on ebay. Granted this was during the peak of Caw Blade but it shows the length people will go to sometimes...

While that is an outlier, Delver is basically the Cawblade of this block, so the fact you can score a playset for $20 right now at the height is pretty telling.

Last edited by rabidmonkeys (2012-08-24 15:33:15)

But the interesting thing about Squad Hawk vs Delver is that Squad Hawk stopped being played often after it left Standard.

Delver is being played in all formats currently.  I would like to know how it will do once it leaves current standard... considering I own 8 wink

schild wrote:

He simply likes to collect foils for his own decks. Dont see him selling many in general.

Zuul36 wrote:

But the interesting thing about Squad Hawk vs Delver is that Squad Hawk stopped being played often after it left Standard.

Delver is being played in all formats currently.  I would like to know how it will do once it leaves current standard... considering I own 8 wink

Well Hawk got replaced pretty quickly once Delver showed up, but it was played in a couple legacy decks if I recall. the hardest hit Hawk took was having its BFFs banned (JaceTMS and SFM) in Standard and Modern and not having those hurt its value. (Plus a Human Insect is far more logical at carrying a Sword of X and Y than a bird) Delver is miles better than hawk in most decks but I just cant see it going above 15-20 at the most. With the way R&D prints cards that 6 months later they write an article saying "Ooops we didnt see this coming with this card" Im sure there will be something else chopping at the heels of Delver soon enough.

Helios52 wrote:
Zuul36 wrote:

Well Hawk got replaced pretty quickly once Delver showed up, but it was played in a couple legacy decks if I recall. the hardest hit Hawk took was having its BFFs banned (JaceTMS and SFM) in Standard and Modern and not having those hurt its value. (Plus a Human Insect is far more logical at carrying a Sword of X and Y than a bird) Delver is miles better than hawk in most decks but I just cant see it going above 15-20 at the most. With the way R&D prints cards that 6 months later they write an article saying "Ooops we didnt see this coming with this card" Im sure there will be something else chopping at the heels of Delver soon enough.

I just can fathom what could be a better 1 drop at this point.  I know Power Creep being what it is... but there has to be a limit somewhere, right?

Also, like someone said above... I think it has more to do with the fact it is a foil dual-sided card more than it being common.  The fact that it's a dual-sided card already makes it rarer than most uncommons and some rares.  Because it's also foil just adds to its sheer rarity.

Last edited by Zuul36 (2012-08-24 18:21:00)

You know what tho, it may not get reprinted in Standard again but all it takes is for it be printed as a FMN promo card and/or some duel or event deck and that will keep its price lower. Path to Exile comes to mind in this respect. I agree that the Foil Flip aspect of the card will increase its rarity overall but I just cannot see its value rivaling V. Clique. 

EDIT: If in 2 years it does, you have my permission to say you told me so smile

"I just cant fathom what could be a better 1 drop at this point.  I know Power Creep being what it is... but there has to be a limit somewhere, right?"

That day will come when the all card types include creature at the end.

Last edited by Helios52 (2012-08-24 18:42:45)

Meanwhile, somewhere near the start of the thread...

I just want another foil delver or two. seems everyone here wants to keep them if they have them as well though, lol.

tretty wrote:

Meanwhile, somewhere near the start of the thread...

I just want another foil delver or two. seems everyone here wants to keep them if they have them as well though, lol.

lol Yea sorry kinda went off topic. I guess Im going to have to scour my area and see if I can find some...

Helios52 wrote:

lol Yea sorry kinda went off topic. I guess Im going to have to scour my area and see if I can find some...

Its good discussion. Touches on one of the reasons i want another. One day, i might want to try my hand at other formats. Delver tends to be a useful creature in most blue decks, so why not? At the very least, someone else will want foils of him later

bumping this, would still like to have one more foil delver, if someones looking to part with it.

i got 4 of them and a whole bunch of a foil u/r delver I was making

SuicidalFate0 wrote:

now the real question....

Anything on my tradelist you're interested in?

tretty wrote:
SuicidalFate0 wrote:

now the real question....

Anything on my tradelist you're interested in?

I tried looking Just isnt anything I need right now even from my wishlist or anyone else I know of at the moment sorry man, like I said i was willing just nothing needed

i got one but the only thing im interested in is the phantasmal image