Topic: Feature Request - Add Preconstructed Product

I buy a lot of pre-constructed product, in fact I buy almost every preconstructed product available for under $100. Its a real pain in the butt to crack every one of those and add them one by one. You could in theory add a deck created by another user to your collection by going down the column on the left but that's little better than manually entering them one by one, and worse yet user decks often have version errors. I could add one of each thing in a set to my inventory as a premium member but preconstructed product rarely if ever has only one copy of each thing inside.
It would be really great if the team could add preconstructed product as we continue (such as commander decks, plainswalker decks, guildkits etc) and give us a button to add that precon to our collections.

Re: Feature Request - Add Preconstructed Product

I actually proposed this feature a while back, and tried to begin a community effort to supply CSV files for each precon as a temporary solution. Sadly, due to seeming lack of community interest, the project has grown stale.

However, if there's any specific precons you'd like "quick-add" CSVs for, let me know and I'll get them added! Even better, if you'd be willing to contribute to the project, please do!

I'll ask again for Sebi to sticky that thread, both to avoid re-requests of the feature as well as to make the resource more easily available to the community.

I'd recommend responding on that other thread to bump it to the beginning of the forum.  smile

Wow, yeah you did. Two years ago it looks like. You obviously put forth a lot more effort getting your point across. I'm definitely down for helping when I have to manually enter them anyway. Might as well get it all done up in such a way that others can use the work I've already done. Sad though that it probably wont become an actual Feature. Thanks for the link.

As soon as I expand my storage such that I can actually open the product without it laying everywhere I'll be adding my Guild Kits. If no one else has done lists by then it's likely that I will. Though at this point that could still be a bit. Between christmas and the fact that I literally have to design and create my new storage solution (nothing out there is close enough to what I need) I am not exactly expecting to do so soon.

Its one of the reasons why it would have been nice to have the button already there. Could have just hit the button and said "screw it, I'll sort them away when I have more space."

I too would like to be able to add pre-con decks/products without having to open them. Especially the Commander sets, as I'm also collecting them and not opening them. We also know what cards are in each set, so it would be easy to add them as a pre-con and not have to add every card individually.

+1

xeroshifter wrote:

Sad though that it probably wont become an actual Feature.

There's hope. When I contacted Sebi about making my old post a sticky in the forums, he explained his ideas for implementing this feature. So I think it's definitely on his radar. But it likely won't become a feature as swiftly as any of us would like!

xeroshifter wrote:

As soon as I expand my storage such that I can actually open the product without it laying everywhere I'll be adding my Guild Kits. If no one else has done lists by then it's likely that I will.

Forgot to let you know that after my Guild Kits arrived, I got the CSVs created. So no need for you to wait now!  smile