Topic: RNA Guild Kit & Tokens

Finally fixed the Guild Kit import, all 133 cards should be in now. Tokens are also up, many thanks to meldon44 for the detailed listing of the double-sided images!

https://deckbox.org/editions/516-ravnic … -guild-kit
https://deckbox.org/editions/518-extras … -guild-kit

Re: RNA Guild Kit & Tokens

thanks, very glad that the edition symbol is not the usual red badge!
although it is kinda hard to make it out from the normal non-guild kit ravnica symbol imo

Maybe fix the prices. That would be amazing!!!!!!!

sebi wrote:

Tokens are also up, many thanks to meldon44 for the detailed listing of the double-sided images!

Glad I could be of some help!

Awesome, thanks!

Is it possible to have the Guildkit symbol instead of the Guilds of Ravnica symbol? It is the correct card in the preview but the only version I can add to inventory is Guilds of Ravnica.

Also some cards in decklist view still show a ? instead of a set symbol.  When you hover over the ?, it says Ravnica Guil Kit.

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 2.09.33 PM.png 598.82 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Pmintz wrote:

Is it possible to have the Guildkit symbol instead of the Guilds of Ravnica symbol?

Not if all 5 guild kits share an edition on Deckbox, no. Each edition has a single corresponding symbol. Sebi would have to split each Guild Kit edition into 5 editions, thereby allowing him to assign a separate symbol to each guild kit.

That's actually how all the cards are listed on Gatherer, with edition names like "Guild Kit: Simic". I personally think that Sebi should make Deckbox match this system.

meldon44 wrote:

That's actually how all the cards are listed on Gatherer, with edition names like "Guild Kit: Simic". I personally think that Sebi should make Deckbox match this system.

I agree with Meldon44.  Having the sets separated by guild would be really nice.

Also, could you please update the the rules text for reprints?  It's really annoying that the text in the system doesn't match the most recent printing/oracle.  Whenever I've tried to build a deck around a certain theme, it takes longer since I have to enter multiple wordings to find every card that does a certain thing.  My "when a creature dies" deck was a nightmare to create, since there have been a few different ways they used to say that before they standardized the wording a couple years ago.

I think the issue is that each batch of guild kits is a single set: GK1 (Selesnya etc) and GK2 (Simic etc).  I think that this might be the first time that a single "set" has had varying set symbols (well I guess timeshifted stuff, but that was also a rarity).  My bet is that there isnt a simple way to denote a different set symbol while maintaining compatibility with the official set name.  That is, if the made it like GK1-A for Selesnya, imports and exports could be trouble, as well as linking to other databases (like gatherer).  Alternatively using a second set of data (another field, card lists etc) would likely not be trivial to implement for something that until now was a given (set code = symbol).

The annoying thing for me is that they use the same symbols as GRN and RNA.  If it is too difficult to use different symbols throughout the set, how about you just use a different symbol for each set of guild kits, something like what I've attached.

Post's attachments

88742.jpg 239.13 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.