Topic: Feature Request/Idea: Custom Categories in Decks

Hi and thanks for reading. I did a couple of forum searches before posting this (namely "custom category" and "custom categories") but nothing showed up so I wanted to post this here.

I love deckbox and I use it for my inventory and for brewing. I am a premium member and I love the ability to specify a printing of a card and mark decks as ideas vs built, etc. Please keep up the good work.

One thing that I have noticed when comparing deckbox to other sites is the inability to create custom categories for your cards in a deck. For example, when I am brewing I find it very useful to be able to group my cards not by "creature"/"sorcery"/etc., but by their function in the deck, e.g. "card draw"/"win condition"/"spot removal"/etc. Many other deck building sites allow you to switch between the regular type categories and custom categories, and some even allow you to use a system of tags for cards so that one card can be listed in more than one category.

Does this exist somewhere within deckbox that I have just missed? If not, I would really love to see this feature implemented as it would mean I not needing to keep separate copies of deck lists in a spreadsheet and/or on other sites just to keep track of these custom category counts.

Thanks again and for reading!

Re: Feature Request/Idea: Custom Categories in Decks

It's still a bit rudimentary compared to other sites, but yes, this feature was added recently!

Re: Feature Request/Idea: Custom Categories in Decks

Ah, thanks meldon44. I had totally missed that despite my search, I'll have to give it a try and see how it goes! That might solve my problem.

I'll just add the feedback that it isn't quite ideal because it looks like you can have multiple tags on a card but it will still only show up in the "group" that corresponds to the first tag in the notes.

Thanks a lot!