Topic: Time to get out and sell my collection?

Hey everybody I am a long time legacy player on and off again and I am LEANING towards selling my collection. Having a full time job and 4 kids keeps me busy enough that I do not play as much as I would like. 2 of my kids are getting into playing so I am on the fence if I should sell or play with them. IF I sell off my collection it will be just that all or nothing, I do not want people to cherry pick half my collection and have half the cards sitting around. I will entertain any reasonable offer. I understand that is a loaded and subjective statement so ask yourself if you had my collection and somebody offered you the price you are willing to offer me would you sell? IF you answer no please do not expect me to say yes.

Re: Time to get out and sell my collection?

Given that its a legacy collection and therefore I assume has some serious value to it, I would personally caution against selling in the current climate.  There are a LOT of sellers right now due to COVID, and so it's a buyers market and you will not get top dollar.

If you don't have to sell, I would advise you to wait at least 1-2 years.

Re: Time to get out and sell my collection?

I am seeing that now and taking advantage of it. I am looking from a collectors standpoint atm and picking up what I can to prepare to sell in a year or 2.