Topic: Adding Precon Decks to your collection

So I have just gotten back into MtG (not played since Ice Age) as my teens are into the game.  This is the first time I have used a website to keep track of my cards rather than an Excel spreadsheet, so I am not experienced at this kind of thing (although I have used Battlescribe for other games).

So I have bought a few Precon decks and was hoping that there is a way just to add the deck rather than adding the cards separately.  I have had a look around the add cards page and can't figure out if there is a way.

Thank you.

Re: Adding Precon Decks to your collection

There is not a feature where you push a button and the precon deck is entered
In the add cards there is a tab add card list.  As long as they all are of the same edition you can input them and they will be entered with the default set chosen . You can do it in 2 or 3 times when there is cards form mixed  sets to be sure they are added to the good sets.

Re: Adding Precon Decks to your collection

Hey Pipztarr, welcome to Deckbox! I used to just use a spreadsheet, too, but once you get the hang of this site, it is a far better way to track a collection!

Pipztarr wrote:

So I have bought a few Precon decks and was hoping that there is a way just to add the deck rather than adding the cards separately.  I have had a look around the add cards page and can't figure out if there is a way.

As scramasax said, there's no native Deckbox feature for doing this. It's been requested for a long time. Instead, please reference the precon quick-add thread in the Site Discussion subforum. I've developed a resource to assist with this very thing that's as close to a one-click solution as we can have at the moment -- download the desired CSV file from the resource, then use the Add Cards > From a CSV File option in your Inventory. Pretty simple!

If you've never used CSV files before and need any help, please reach out and someone will be glad to assist you.