Topic: Site Loading Times Slow

I have noticed the last few months that the site is loading really slow. Especially the card previews and images. It can take > 1 min to load all the pictures of a page, sometimes even slower and sometimes the pictures just time out completely. Anything I can do to remedy this? I am on strong internet and no other site is behaving this way.

Its getting to the point where I am considering using a different platform as searching for cards and perusing my inventory is too painful to wait for.

Thanks

Re: Site Loading Times Slow

I have gotten a few other reports of this happening, but I could never reproduce. Might be just happening for users from the U.S. since the server (and myself) are in EU. I need to look closer a this...

Okay cool. Yeah I am in California but it wasn't this bad the last year or two. Maybe its time for something like AWS S3 to serve the images?

I suffer from the same issues here in New Jersey. The slow load times across the board on this site actually had me looking around for alternative websites this morning, but nothing had the menagerie of features this site has.

As a Premium subscription member, I'd honestly rather pay seven or eight bucks a month and have that money go to faster server speeds alone. I am a paid member on a number of niche hobby sites and pay up to and including $11 a month on each of them. None of them have the speed issues this site has.

I've been experiencing slow load times too. I don't even bother to hover a card name's to see the card image anymore because it takes 2min+ to load it.

Edit: I'm in Brazil if that's of any help.

Last edited by pabloVPT (2021-09-19 22:18:53)

NY here. Super slow most nights

It started today for me, 40sec to load a card preview, Export is slow, forum is slow, etc...

Post's attachments

Untitled.png 35.16 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

yeah, extremely slow today neutral

I have noticed a bit of a slowdown the last week or so, but I thought it had more to do with the size of my collection.  US - Wisconsin here....

The load speed is usually ok, most of the time.  But today it's really hard to navigate the site.  Loading anything takes a long time.  Only site doing this for me today and I have a good internet.  In Canada here.

Sorry about the issues guys. Weirdly there's not much load on the server and I don't see anything directly problematic at first glance. Also suspicious that most reports of slowness are from the U.S. and since the servers are in the EU that might point to some issue.

As a first diagnostic step, when you experience slowness, , can someone please click on the menu in chrome -> more tools -> developer tools. Then on the network tab, check "preserve log", and click around 1 minute, hover over a tooltip or two, then the last icon on the right should be "Export". And please send me the file to support@deckbox.org

Thanks!

I am working on some other speed related issues this week too, that will also help, although might not be directly related to this.

sebi wrote:

As a first diagnostic step, when you experience slowness, , can someone please click on the menu in chrome -> more tools -> developer tools. Then on the network tab, check "preserve log", and click around 1 minute, hover over a tooltip or two, then the last icon on the right should be "Export". And please send me the file to support@deckbox.org

Of course, no problem!

sebi wrote:

Sorry about the issues guys. Weirdly there's not much load on the server and I don't see anything directly problematic at first glance. Also suspicious that most reports of slowness are from the U.S. and since the servers are in the EU that might point to some issue.

Thanks!

I am working on some other speed related issues this week too, that will also help, although might not be directly related to this.

Will do - thanks again for a great site Sebi!