Topic: First batch of Crimson Vow imports, fixes

Hello,

I've added the main crimson vow set, tokens and art series cards today. Still to come promos, commander and pricing, will look at getting that in in the following days.

Also a couple of more recent fixes:
- fixed Jeweled Lotus to have correct cmc of 0 (not 1)
- fixed duplicated collector numbers in WPN/Gateway edition
- fixed edition sorting problem with Adventures in the Forgotten Realms cards
- fixed Jumpstart cards not being listed as legal in Historic format

Last edited by sebi (2021-11-12 13:06:24)

Re: First batch of Crimson Vow imports, fixes

Awesome, thanks again Sebi

sebi wrote:

I've added the main crimson vow set, tokens and art series cards today

Thank you! Perfect timing. smile

Nice. I already classified my first batch and was ready to enter them. 

There is again a  new feature on cards to screw up classification.  There is some embossing on the border. This is not tool marks. From Draft booster I got 6/22 plains with embossing to give you an idea about number. While looking at the card on the table we don't see the difference. You can feel it when handling the card and while moving it at light the raised part of the card will reflect the light a little more because of edges  but we are far from foil reflection.

I think it was some cold foil

scramasax wrote:

There is again a  new feature on cards to screw up classification.  There is some embossing on the border. This is not tool marks. From Draft booster I got 6/22 plains with embossing to give you an idea about number. While looking at the card on the table we don't see the difference. You can feel it when handling the card and while moving it at light the raised part of the card will reflect the light a little more because of edges  but we are far from foil reflection.

scramasax_exchange wrote:

scramasax wrote:

I believe what you are talking about is a glossy border on the lands, similar to what the Japanese MID eternal night lands had on them. The American (and possibly Belgian, unconfirmed on this) printing of the MID lands had a finish on the borders of the lands and the other black and white showcase art that actually dulled the color of the borders. The Japanese borders were very color-rich and saturated under the glossy border treatment.

I, personally, would not consider this a different type of card. It's just an unfortunate treatment that differs from what was clearly the goal. The glossy seems like what would have been the goal since the American printing looks so absolutely uninteresting.

underworldconnections wrote:
scramasax_exchange wrote:

scramasax wrote:

I believe what you are talking about is a glossy border on the lands, similar to what the Japanese MID eternal night lands had on them. The American (and possibly Belgian, unconfirmed on this) printing of the MID lands had a finish on the borders of the lands and the other black and white showcase art that actually dulled the color of the borders. The Japanese borders were very color-rich and saturated under the glossy border treatment.

I, personally, would not consider this a different type of card. It's just an unfortunate treatment that differs from what was clearly the goal. The glossy seems like what would have been the goal since the American printing looks so absolutely uninteresting.

I noticed the glossiness along the frame borders (at first I though that was the foiling). I looked through all my MID ones and they are all glossy. Now the VOW ones. I have 12 of them that are not glossy at all. I did 2 prereleases this weekend and I assume those 12 are the 12 lands from those packs. So just like you are saying. I know my boxes have been Japanese printings and I thought the prereleases all US printing (i honestly didn't pay enough attention). I don't think it is an intentional thing and it could just be chalked up to similar printing variants we see in every set. You'd think they would hammer out an exact printing procedure for all their print houses, but that is asking WAY too much for poor WotC. >.>

Also .. Sebi, expect Double Feature cards to be available to import any day now. The Double Feature set is just a reprint of the two Innistrad sets. 100% of the cards from each set (so yes there are two Snarling Wolf with the exact same artwork in the set). The only difference is they put the art in photoshop and set to greyscale. TCGPlayer already has all the artwork so I figure it will be available to you soon too.

Hey Sebi, per this forum post, looks like there's a bug with Crimson Vow in search (both the search box at the top of the page and the Add Cards functionality, including Add From List). It's affecting at least some cards; perhaps all of them? I don't have time to check and test right now.