Topic: Deckbox community Ukraine fundraiser

Hello all,

Short interruption from regular site change news, I thought it would be a good idea to organize a little neighborly help donation drive:

https://deckbox.org/ukraine

Thank you!

Re: Deckbox community Ukraine fundraiser

Thank you for the compassion and leadership in setting this up. I'll be sure to contribute. Slava Ukraini!

Sebi, thank you so much for doing this!!!

Well, this was the easiest decision I've had to make in a while. Donated and plan to do more in future.

Last edited by Helios52 (2022-03-24 00:12:23)

Hey SEBI,

Are the extra few months of premium good for people already subscribed or is it just for non-premium users?

Sebi, thank you for organizing this and your generous donation. You are a force for good in our committee. I'm in for the cost of FNM!
Cheers, Paul

Profile     Tradelist     Wishlist

RDPARTY wrote:

Hey SEBI,

Are the extra few months of premium good for people already subscribed or is it just for non-premium users?

In retrospect, I should have just said it's for everybody perhaps. The main technical complication was that there is no integration from deckbox to GlobalGiving, so I don't know which user donated to show that user a button to redeem the months. This is why I also wrote please open a ticket or email since I will add the time manually to the account.

But this is not trivial for people with active subscriptions, since I cannot change the subscription in their name (nor should I be able to), so they have to click a button to redeem the time, which would re-create the subscription with the new starting date 2 months later than normal, and then re-confirm the payment method (card, paypal etc).

I could do it by implementing a special promo flag that I set manually, and then those users with that promo flag see a button on the premium page with "Redeem 2 premium months". I'll check this out tomorrow.

Thank you for putting this together and for your generous matching (and donation)! You're a good person Sebi!

Thank you for setting this up!

I'm with Helios52. Easiest decision I've made in awhile