Topic: Export CSV Question

Is there a way to export to CSV that has the CSV include the number of cards that you have in your inventory?  It shows the count, which is 1 since this is a large cube I am working on.  I know I could send all the cards to the wishlist that were missing, but I don't want to put cards in the cube if I only have one of them.  So anything with multiple copies I will say I have one of.  This is why I want the CSV export to include my inventory count of the card.

Thanks!

Re: Export CSV Question

Not directly, no. That would be a great feature!

As a workaround, you could export both your cube and your inventory to CSV, then use Excel to query your inventory CSV for the cards in your cube, get the count from that query, then have a column that flags it as available or not.

If you're not sure how to go about that, let me know and I could type up some process steps.  smile

But I agree -- should be one of the available "extra columns" when exporting!

meldon44 wrote:

Not directly, no. That would be a great feature!

As a workaround, you could export both your cube and your inventory to CSV, then use Excel to query your inventory CSV for the cards in your cube, get the count from that query, then have a column that flags it as available or not.

If you're not sure how to go about that, let me know and I could type up some process steps.  smile

But I agree -- should be one of the available "extra columns" when exporting!

If you can easily give me the steps that would be great.  Otherwise, I will have to see if Google can teach me.

Thanks for the reply.

Here ya go! Let me know if you have any questions.  smile

1. Export both as CSVs. To make things a little easier, rename the inventory CSV to something short with no spaces in it, like "Inv". (It's just a temp file anyways.)

2. Open both, and in a blank column of each, copy down this formula:
    =B2 & D2 &...X2
    where the letters represent the columns of each criteria you want to match, separated by the & sign (no dots). Obviously you'll need at least B2 for the Name, but you can decide whether or not you want to precisely match e.g. foiling or edition.

3. In your deck CSV, create a new column next to Count (label it Inventory or whatever). Copy down this formula:
    =SUMIF( FileName.csv!X:X, Y2, FileName.csv!A:A )
    where FileName is what you chose in step1, and X and Y are the columns you populated in step 2 for the Inventory and Deck CSVs, respectively.

4. You can also make a Missing column. Copy down this formula: =IF( X2<2, TRUE, "" )
    where X is the column you created in step 3.

5. Save your Deck CSV and close it. CSV files do not retain formulas, so once you close it, it'll just save the results. The Inventory CSV can now be safely discarded. You can also safely delete the column you made in step 2 after you reopen the Deck CSV.

It may seem complicated, but it took me just a couple minutes to perform all the steps.

meldon44 wrote:

Here ya go! Let me know if you have any questions.  smile

1. Export both as CSVs. To make things a little easier, rename the inventory CSV to something short with no spaces in it, like "Inv". (It's just a temp file anyways.)

2. Open both, and in a blank column of each, copy down this formula:
    =B2 & D2 &...X2
    where the letters represent the columns of each criteria you want to match, separated by the & sign (no dots). Obviously you'll need at least B2 for the Name, but you can decide whether or not you want to precisely match e.g. foiling or edition.

3. In your deck CSV, create a new column next to Count (label it Inventory or whatever). Copy down this formula:
    =SUMIF( FileName.csv!X:X, Y2, FileName.csv!A:A )
    where FileName is what you chose in step1, and X and Y are the columns you populated in step 2 for the Inventory and Deck CSVs, respectively.

4. You can also make a Missing column. Copy down this formula: =IF( X2<2, TRUE, "" )
    where X is the column you created in step 3.

5. Save your Deck CSV and close it. CSV files do not retain formulas, so once you close it, it'll just save the results. The Inventory CSV can now be safely discarded. You can also safely delete the column you made in step 2 after you reopen the Deck CSV.

It may seem complicated, but it took me just a couple minutes to perform all the steps.

Finally got around to trying this out and it worked great.  Thanks for taking the time.