Topic: Improving "In other trades"

The addition of "In other trades" has been a big help, especially when managing many trades simultaneously.

I propose an improvement for it, though, that would significantly reduce the time needed to click on and load the specific card page and then the [more info] button.

Here's an example from a recent trade.  These are not all the same type of in other trade - some are similar card n outbound trades, and some are in pending trades.  for each, I have to go to the card and click a button to see if it matters or not:
https://jmp.sh/EfA2UHff+/Screen+Shot+2023-08-18+at+12.07.07+PM.png

I propose that instead of a single Green <-> why not just use four different arrows:

Outgoing Accepted: <- Green.  This item has been removed from your trade list anyway, so if you see this in another trade, it's a different, available copy.

Incoming Accepted: -> Green.  This item is already coming to you, so you hopefully wanted two copies. Ideally, we would have another symbol or way of identifying if something is Actively in your Wishlist still.  It's perfectly fine to add stuff to a trade outside the wants list, but it would be great if we could see something marking if something in a trade is in our want list or not.

Outgoing Editable: <- Grey. 

Incoming Editable: -> Grey.

Hopefully, both of these are self-explanatory.  Knowing that a card I want in a trade is in another outgoing editable trade tells me I'm trading out a different copy than I'm looking for in this trade.  So there's no conflict.

It would be ideal if all four of these symbols opened the modal for the "In other trade" detail so it's easy to confirm which copy is going where.
https://jmp.sh/c7jkM8pD+/Screen+Shot+2023-08-18+at+12.19.53+PM.png

Last edited by ZombieSleeve (2023-08-18 10:25:27)

Re: Improving "In other trades"

This is a little different from what ZombieSleeve is proposing, but falls under the same umbrella, so please forgive my not making a new thread.

I'd personally love to see the 'In other trades' tag when I'm looking at someone's profile (not just in the actual trade screen), and the list of 'haves' they have that correlate to my 'wants'. I've opened multiple trades for the same card before, and have on more than one occasion ended up with more copies of said card than I needed because I missed that it was on multiple trades.

Again, it's something that could be avoided with more diligence on my end, but I think it'd be a huge help.

Last edited by Sightburner (2023-08-21 12:23:15)

Sightburner wrote:

This is a little different from what ZombieSleeve is proposing, but falls under the same umbrella, so please forgive my not making a new thread.

I'd personally love to see the 'In other trades' tag when I'm looking at someone's profile (not just in the actual trade screen), and the list of 'haves' they have that correlate to my 'wants'. I've opened multiple trades for the same card before, and have on more than one occasion ended up with more copies of said card than I needed because I missed that it was on multiple trades.

Again, it's something that could be avoided with more diligence on my end, but I think it'd be a huge help.

Thanks for reading my recommendation and your feedback Sightburner!

In This Thread I proposed a solution here that takes care of part of the issue you may be experiencing - as long as you mostly get trades from your wants list. This solution would cover you as it would flag the second trade your want was in after you accept the first, as the card would no longer be in your want list.

That said, per your feedback, another symbol (maybe just a = ) says this exact item is in another incoming trade. Then it would be on the trader to know if it's the multiple copies they want, or about to be copy 2 they didn't need...

ZombieSleeve wrote:

In This Thread I proposed a solution here that takes care of part of the issue you may be experiencing - as long as you mostly get trades from your wants list. This solution would cover you as it would flag the second trade your want was in after you accept the first, as the card would no longer be in your want list.

That said, per your feedback, another symbol (maybe just a = ) says this exact item is in another incoming trade. Then it would be on the trader to know if it's the multiple copies they want, or about to be copy 2 they didn't need...

My pleasure, ZS! I love this site, so I'm all on board with offering what I can to make it better.
The other thread you posted does offer some solutions on the trade screen, but I'm more pointing toward the profile screen.
For example: I sign on, click 'Interesting cards for trade', and I get a list of cards from my wants list that were recently posted. So I click the profile of the user holding said card.
On their profile, it lists all cards on my wants list that the user has in their tradelist, as well as what I have that matches theirs.

https://imgur.com/ycX93kp.jpg

THIS is where I'd love to see the 'already in other trades' symbol, so I don't duplicate, double trade, or drive other traders crazy with having to adjust trades in progress because I inadvertently already got a card we were discussing.

Again, a lot of this could be avoided just with some extra care on my part, but this is a feature that would help me personally- I can't imagine I'm alone in this lol. Just a suggestion.

~S~

Last edited by Sightburner (2023-08-22 14:37:18)

Sightburner wrote:
ZombieSleeve wrote:

My pleasure, ZS! I love this site, so I'm all on board with offering what I can to make it better.
The other thread you posted does offer some solutions on the trade screen, but I'm more pointing toward the profile screen.
For example: I sign on, click 'Interesting cards for trade', and I get a list of cards from my wants list that were recently posted. So I click the profile of the user holding said card.
On their profile, it lists all cards on my wants list that the user has in their tradelist, as well as what I have that matches theirs (Image attached).
THIS is where I'd love to see the 'already in other trades' symbol, so I don't duplicate, double trade, or drive other traders crazy with having to adjust trades in progress because I inadvertently already got a card we were discussing.

Again, a lot of this could be avoided just with some extra care on my part, but this is a feature that would help me personally- I can't imagine I'm alone in this lol. Just a suggestion.

~S~

Got ya! And I love it.  The more data we all have in all the places the less frustration and honestly more trades we'll all get.  Thanks for the additional idea, I hope it's also considered!

Also the image you uploaded didn't work. The easiest way i found is to go to imgur or another service that will le tyou upload an image and give you a directlink URL - one that looks like:

www.website.com/imagename.png

Then paste that link here select the text and click the image button above in the tools.  it will end up looking like:

[img]www.website.com/imagename.png[/img]

Ah...gotcha. Fixed, above :-)

~S~