Topic: automatic merge of cards with the same attributes does not work

Hi
It seems like automatic merge when adding cards with the same attributes as already existing entry in collection is not working anymore. Unless I'm misremembering when adding multiple exactly same entries to collection they would automatically merge. For example going to https://deckbox.org/mtg/Step%20Through, then "edit", then "add new row" two times, then "save and close" would result in one entry with two cards. Now it adds two separate items to inventory. Does my memory fails me or the functionality is no longer working?
BR

Last edited by migrena (2023-10-09 20:39:24)

Re: automatic merge of cards with the same attributes does not work

Yep, it's a regression from the release with the tags feature. It's on the todo list to check out.

Thanks for the reply.
So this will be back to merging behavior at some time in the future and I do not need to go through the whole collection and manually merge entries, correct?
BR

migrena wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
So this will be back to merging behavior at some time in the future and I do not need to go through the whole collection and manually merge entries, correct?
BR

Hmm it will not retroactively automatically merge stuff in your inventory.

Why do you have many duplicated entries though? Is this from importing?

I'm still seeing the issue here (added cards as recently as 29 OCT), and was just curious about the status of the fix?  Not trying to imply this needs to be fixed immediately; I can hold off adding more cards for a while if it saves having to go back and manually correct.

PLEASE!

This is not trivial to fix right now, and depends on the stuff I am currently working on, which is the inventory-built deck linking of cards.

It's high priority after the current stuff is released later this week.

Thanks, Sebi.

As far as I can tell, if you trade them out or manage to sell them, they'll all still treated the same way and removed from your inventory, correct?  It's just QOL more than anything?

LewtHoar wrote:

Thanks, Sebi.

As far as I can tell, if you trade them out or manage to sell them, they'll all still treated the same way and removed from your inventory, correct?  It's just QOL more than anything?

Yep.

sebi wrote:

Hmm it will not retroactively automatically merge stuff in your inventory.

Why do you have many duplicated entries though? Is this from importing?

Not the OP but my current entry workflow is to enter things without tags, review a batch I have entered, physically sort the cards into my library, and then apply a tag saying the cards have been organized.

This is resulting in some duplicate rows that, at the moment, I’m not in a hurry to fix as I can wait till
It builds up and fix them later. But a retro fix would be great if it’s an option.

I would love <3 love it when this feature comes back.

I'm used to simply adding new rows for whatever cards I get into my collection - not having to be mindful of already existing rows because the site will auto merge them for me at saving.
Of course it's a minor QOL to pay attention to existing rows, but I'd love it when this comes back.

Can you fix this damned problem? It has been three months since it has been broken and you are refusing to fix it.