Topic: Sorting by number in inventory

This feature was removed in the new 2.0 update, will it be added back in?

Re: Sorting by number in inventory

dlynn wrote:

This feature was removed in the new 2.0 update, will it be added back in?

Yep, we'll try to add it back soon.

Hey Sebi, any update on when we might be able to expect this functionality to be restored?

I'm trying to fill out an order to bring me up to 4-ofs for a set and I'm having a really hard time figuring out quantities without this sort - I'm probably going to wind up exporting the collection list and sorting by rarity/inventory count with GNU tools instead.

Thanks!

Me too, I wanna sort by how many of each card I have (so I can trade those that I have more than four of) but after the site update, sorting this way doesn't work anymore. pls can you fix it

Bumping with another update:
this is making inventory management really painful, especially when combined with the more complicated wishlist/tradelist manipulation controls.

Before, I would do the following, when I received an order of cards (outside of a Deckbox trade):
- Click on my Wishlist
- Sort by "Number on Wishlist" or "Number in Inventory"
- Click inside either the Inventory or Wishlist count fields and directly adjust the numbers as required
- Click out to apply

Now, I have to do this:
- Click on my Wishlist
- Click on the Inventory and Wishlist column headers thinking it will sort because I've forgotten and all the other columns sort properly
- Scroll until I find what I want
- Click on the Wishlist column number, and get a "Click to Edit" tooltip when nothing happens
- Move my mouse to the "Tradelist" column or the pop-over icon after the card name and click to get the actual Edit box to pop up
- Click 1-4 times on the "Inventory" button
- Click 1-4 times on the "Wishlist" button
- Click Apply

If there's any way we can get the sorting/in-list card management stuff sorted out soon it'd really be appreciated. I'm glad we got so many cool new features like sane Edition handling, but for me, the basic inventory management before was perfect and it's really taken a serious efficiency hit.

Is there another way that this is intended to be used that makes it a little smoother and more efficient? If I'm just misusing the new UI because I'm used to the old one, please let me know how to sort it out, but even without my muscle memory/mistakes from the old UI, it seems to take at least double the work to do this action that it used to.

Thanks!

While waiting for the sort feature to be re-added, you can better manipulate your inventory by doing an export, and then opening the CSV file in an spreadsheet application.  In the spreadsheet application, you can filter (e.g., show only specific editions) and sort.

I often do this for my hard copy buy lists anyway, since I can include the prices, highlight priorities, etc.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Thanks for the tip, HikingStick.

How does that interact with importing it back into the Deckbox library after the fact? I'm guessing I'd have to nuke my inventory and re-import the whole thing to prevent collisions - is that what you've been doing?