Topic: Card properties in import card list

Since the update dropped the editions from my Inventory and flagged a bunch of cards as tradeable that weren't, I'm currently re-adding everything manually. sad I like the idea of the new card list import, as it's much faster for this type of entry. But I do notice that I'm only able to set the default set, language and condition of the cards. What about extra properties? Say I have 3 non-foil Rootbound Crag and 1 foil; I'd love to be able to enter something like this:

3 Rootbound Crag
1 Rootbound Crag (foil)

or even better, combining all of the properties:

2 Rootbound Crag (M13, NM, English)
1 Rootbound Crag (M12, NM, English)
1 Rootbound Crag (M13, NM, English, foil)

Arguably, my best option here to just export my collection to a CSV, and use that as the template for entering the rest of my cards. But in the future, what if I crack a pack and enter the new cards all at once?

Re: Card properties in import card list

Which editions were dropped, and which cards were marked? Do you have an example? I have the backup of the old database and I can check.

I would very much want to fix this if it did, you DEFINITELY do not have to reenter everything!

LootPinata wrote:

Arguably, my best option here to just export my collection to a CSV, and use that as the template for entering the rest of my cards. But in the future, what if I crack a pack and enter the new cards all at once?

Personally, I would do the export, clear everything but the label row, and save it as a template on my machine.  Then you just need to remember the order of the labels and you'll be able to type the cards in (using Notepad, or something similar).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

We've investigated some reported cases of post-release issues with tradelist counts, and the confusion lies with the following scenario:

A user could have had 4 Arid mesa in his inventory, with details on all 4 and marked all of them in the details panel as For Trade. Initially the tradelist count would be 4 for them, so all was ok.

If later the user changed the 4 tradelist count to 0, they would stop showing in his tradelist, but in the details panel, all 4 of them would still be marked as tradeable unless you manually unchecked them too. (This of course was a problem / bug with the old system)

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/0/AAD7xcfcXu8RrKDJNHTY-sekT-VIWFt8QkKoZ6mrzSDqbA/10/378635/png/2048x1536/2/1358082000/0/2/Screen%20Shot%202013-01-13%20at%2012.21.25%20PM.png/f9RdK-uiAl7lWQc3wD9entMnF-x_mxp17ChYq0Rn-iI

When we migrated to the new release, in these conflicting cases we gave priority to what users have specified in the details panel. So if you had the 4 zendikar fetches marked as for trade in the details panel, now you have a 4 in the trade count.

Hopefully that explanation makes sense. The conclusion is that these cases were already conflicting and inconsistent, but the user did not see that though a bug in the old system. We could not ignore what the user set in the details panel either, for technical reasons we cannot go into in such a short post as this big_smile.

We have reason to believe these situations were very rare though, so not many people should be affected by this. Sorry for the inconveniences caused.