Topic: Suggestions for collectors :)

I know a lot of people are here for deck-building, but I'm a collector and I think this has a lot of potential with a few minor tweaks to be really powerful for me and other collectors (and maybe help out other deck builders too).

I'm a programmer, so if the maintainers need any help, I'd be happy to help provide it - I've worked on similar apps in the past for my own personal use.

Here are some of my small thoughts:

1. It would be really nice to see the cards I'm missing from each edition, with the option to add them to my wish list.
2. A slightly faster importing method would be nice - I have over 10,000 cards and I don't really want to write out the full name of each one. What would be really nice is the ability to pick a set and just enter card numbers. What I used to do is something like *1x3 (which would be the first card of the set, foiled (the *), three copies of it [x3]). Something that allows really fast typed entry of foil and non-foil cards into a set, at a standard condition would be perfect.

Re: Suggestions for collectors :)

braincandy wrote:

1. It would be really nice to see the cards I'm missing from each edition, with the option to add them to my wish list.

This would be an awesome feature.  I agree 100%.

One way that I've done this is by building a "deck" of every card in a set; it then shows me which cards are not in my inventory. There might be an easy solution that builds off of that.

I go to the card database, filter for the set I want to see, and just fill in my wishlist numbers there.

It was a bit easier when one could just click in the wishlist column, but it still can be done.

I've suggested using collector's numbers for a while, as a way to get past the language barrier (no need to translate the title).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.