Topic: Warning about Shown Prices

The prices shown are not updating themselves properly. I mentioned this before when Jace, Memory Adept prices shot up but the prices shown on Deckbox did not reflect it. This was fixed at the time but it's happened again.

Please refer to Boros Reckoner: http://deckbox.org/mtg/Boros%20Reckoner

It's shown as an average value of $17.77 when it's actually $25.51 when you click on the link and go to TCG. I see one user in particular who is very good at picking these out and has been "tricking" people.

I strongly urge traders to click on the link to double check the value. This is not ideal but until Deckbox fixes this issue it's for your own benefit.

Last edited by apyrexia (2013-02-12 15:50:33)

Re: Warning about Shown Prices

The issue is that Deckbox can only realistically update their prices every so often because they have to pull them all from TCGPlayer individually, and can't keep up with quick, real-time fluctuations.  It's not necessarily an issue with Deckbox, but rather the nature of the market.  It's really not that much different than looking at card prices on Thursday, and then going to FNM to trade not knowing that a certain card jumped up in price.

I agree that there are probably some people who take advantage of this, which is unfortunate that people attempt to pull that kind of stuff, but some of it might be entirely unintentional and they're just going for current popular cards that happen to be jumping around in price.

That being said, I'm not sure how often Deckbox updates its prices, but I think it is daily.  And I'm not entirely sure how often it is capable of doing so, but maybe it could limit the impact of additional queries by updating more often, but those additional updates are only for the most recent few sets that tend to fluctuate more.