Topic: casual Humility Deck- looking for help building

I have been wanting to build a humilitydeck for some time.  I am looking for cards that could combo with it. I am thinking of making it either a w/b deck or a w/r deck. Red for the aether flash, or black for recursion. Any sugestions? Also i would be running with caltrops as well.

Re: casual Humility Deck- looking for help building

Electrickery, Circle of Flame, and Rain of Blades all strike me as being amusing with Humility - although the key would be to figure out a way to kick it back to your hand so your creatures can attack without being 1/1s.

Remove Enchantments would take care of the Humility issue, but an easier way to deal with it is to run either a creatureless deck or to run a weenie/token deck with equipment to gain their boons.  Note that any creature enchanted or equipped with anything prior to Humility being used will lose it's benefit, but anything that is attached to a creature afterward keeps it, which makes using an equipment deck the better choice.  Breeding Pit could be mildly amusing with Humility since your thrulls would become 1/1 creatures instead of 0/1...there's probably better options out there, but it's late and I'm a bit drunk tongue Anyway, hope this helps a bit.

You get to keep all boons from enchantments and/or artifacts before you cast Humility. Because Humility's effects are "effects that set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value" (layer b) and "effects from characteristic-defining abilities" (layer a), "effects that modify power and/or toughness but don't set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value" are layer c effects, they still do apply power/toughness changing effects.

And for other effects, like "Rancor"s trample; wording says "It has trample", doesn't say "It gains trample", so it basically makes "Trample" true for creature rather than giving it trample, so you still get the trample.

I was reading up on it and it appeared to me that time stamps were applicable to Humility.  Spent a LOT of time before posting that, so I'm pretty confident in my assertion...that said, I may very well be wrong...maybe it's an "Ask Wizards" question? tongue

Yes, it is applicable to Humility, but not in that case. Because timestamp effects only apply if two effects are on same layer. Let's assume another card makes all creatures 5/5 instead of 1/1, if that card came into battlefield first and then Humility, creatures would be effected by Humility because of timestamp and become 1/1.

And vice versa, they'll be 5/5.

Also you can check Deathless Angel's ruling for this purpose;

"Deathless Angel's ability doesn't grant an ability to the targeted creature. Rather, it affects the game rules and states something that's now true about that creature. The creature will remain indestructible for the rest of the turn even if it loses all abilities."

I'm a judge myself and I'm pretty sure that works that way.

Alright, that makes sense.  As mentioned before, I was drunk at the time, so it's very possible that I misinterpreted what I was reading.

hi mattmcc,

try out this rifter deck, it cycles to get everything into play. Runs 3 humility so you are set there.

http://deckbox.org/sets/353007

what about a Lightmine field?

molenubar wrote:

hi mattmcc,

try out this rifter deck, it cycles to get everything into play. Runs 3 humility so you are set there.

http://deckbox.org/sets/353007

interesting deck! ever try fluctuator?

VampireArmy wrote:

what about a Lightmine field?

It is a good choice. Mabe I will work this in as well for backup, but i think caltrops will take care of prettymuch anything.