Topic: Trade Filtering

I think the greatest improvement Deckbox staff can implement is this:

Allow me to sort users who have cards on my Wishlist by traits other than proximity.  For instance, I would like to be able to filter out users who have not logged in in the last (insert time period), users with less than (insert number of refs here), users outside of the area in which I am willing to trade (i.e. countries).  Also, if a user marks themselves as only trading with "local" they should be removable from the list.  Finally, I would like to filter down to users who need items from my Tradelist.

For instance, less than 1 minute after typing this original post, I went looking for users with a card on my Wishlist.  On the first page of candidates, I clicked on two users.  Both have not logged in in the last 6 months.  Clearly they do not represent a top 10 trading opportunities.  The next 3 people I selected are not looking for cards on my Tradelist.  Note:  This post is not a gripe about not owning the cards users are looking for, just an observation on applying filters to the query.

Thanks for reading.  I love the website.  This site is a giant leap forward in magic trading technology and inventory management.

Last edited by TheShop (2013-03-27 02:00:54)

Re: Trade Filtering

Sebi is working on an overhaul of the trade interface.  I believe #1 should be handled.

As to #2, pricing has been handled through the TCGPlayer API.  They've recently made changes to their API.  I'll let Sebi and company respond as to when they will be addressing those changes.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

HikingStick,

I apolgize.  I edited my original post and removed #2.  I am confident that the staff here will work on that issue as they are able.

Thanks for a quick reply.

No apology necessary.  With so many new folks joining on a daily basis, it only makes sense that some questions will be asked more than once.  I apologize if I came across poorly.  I just wanted to provide some answers for you.

Enjoy the site!

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I didn't read anything negative into your previous comments.

Thanks again,

I have been playing for 13 years now and can easily say that this site is the best thing to ever happen to Magic for inventory management and trading...

TheShop wrote:

I have been playing for 13 years now and can easily say that this site is the best thing to ever happen to Magic for inventory management and trading...

I TOTALY AGREE! I wish there was a site like this a long time ago when i started playing.

Sebi is definitely working on an improved trading opportunities interface that will allow much easier filtering in the direction that you suggested smile

I will second an update that will filter out "local only" and inactive traders from trading opportunities, both from the detailed card view (traders with this card in their tradelist/wishlist) and from the trading opportunities tab (Reddit MTG trades, for example). May I suggest an inactivity threshold of two months?

Also, would there be a way to filter U.S./non-U.S. traders? Not that I have anything against our international traders, but I don't think it would ever be worth it for me to send 4 Bant Panoramas and a Pillar of Flame to Norway. smile

Thank you very much! You guys are a fully awesome team and I really love this website.

Sorting/filtering based on "last seen online" would be a huge improvement. 

Other sort/filter ideas:

* "will trade cards" (local, my country, worldwide);
* location (same country, same state, same location);
* number/value of cards the user wants off your tradelist;
* number of trades (zero trades often means unwilling to trade)
* "last completed trade" would be even better - many join, do a few trades, then stop

Looking forward to the improvements!

laura wrote:

Sebi is definitely working on an improved trading opportunities interface that will allow much easier filtering in the direction that you suggested smile

Any update on the above?

Improving filtering / sortering for the trade interface is really something that would improve deckbox immensely.