Topic: Feature Request - Actual card reflection in deck view

Hi,

I am a new user and new to MTG. I noticed that while looking at a deck of mine that when I hover a card it shows a picture automatically (I like this) however the picture does not reflect the real one from the edition of my card. I have 99% revised right now but when i hove a card i might see 7th edition.

While this isnt a huge issue, the card may have varied text or rules based on additional subsequent editions from what I understand so far? So it would be more accurate to reflect and display the actual card.

Great site! Thanks! I reviewed several apps and sites and like this one a lot so far for tracking my inventory.

Eric

Last edited by Buhtwipe (2013-04-06 16:12:28)

Re: Feature Request - Actual card reflection in deck view

So you have a few options here. 

First, you can automatically have the card images by using the "spoiler view" in your decks.  This will display the cards without having to hover over their name(s).

Second, the system, to my understanding, is configured to show the most recent printing unless the edition is otherwise specified in your inventory/in the deck.  You can either designate the card details in your inventory/deck and it should provide the correct card image (at least I'm assuming this to be the case).

However, while I understand your concern that the image text might not always match your cards, I would suggest actually viewing the more recent printings as various components of the game have changed since revised and the newer versions will reflect these changes and will help you get up to speed with the current rules.  I can speak to this directly as I played during revised and then stepped away from the game for 15 years before getting back in about a year ago.  For example, in revised you had Terror which said to "bury" a creature, which is now corrected to say "destroy target creature.  It cannot be regenerated."  This is an important distinction, as creatures with indestructibility would not be able to be killed by terror, but if you don't have the more current wording, you might think bury works differently and believe it would work.  (Nevermind the whole dropping of interrupts as a card type).

Thanks for the tips however the 2nd one may be incorrect and i think my feature request still is valid?

For the first one, I saw that but i like the gridview otherwise that would work as you described.

For the second one, this is incorrect? my deck is correctly identified correctly. If i click the more info on one of the cards it shows "R" for revised so i dont need to change that? then when i hover it still shows m11 as you mentioned (most current).

Also, a side question: if i make a "deck" does it not copy the details from my inventory, or can it be configured to do so?

At this time, Decks built on the site are just collections of cards by name.  They do not associate specific version information or details.  They're just deck lists with some extra perks (like seeing how many you have in your inventory).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.