Topic: What are common/fair prices to be expected for online card sales?

For example, say a card is worth $1.00 based off of lightly played or near mint or something. Now someone is selling it on ebay or craigslist. What do people believe is common fair value:

a - the cards regular going price from star city or tcg? (e.g. 1.00)
b - a discount of some percentage (e.g. 15% or 30% off) (so .85 or .70)
c - something else?

I know there are various things impacting prices such as rarity, bulk selling, etc etc. What do people typically aim to get out of the TCg or star city value of their cards selling online in mass or selectively typically?

Re: What are common/fair prices to be expected for online card sales?

When I buy via Ebay, I try not to spend more than 75% of what the price would be on the TCGPlayer median (preferred) or average (if here).  Often, I will place bids on multiple auctions at between 50-60% in the hope that I get lucky.  I picked up a Goblin Lackey for $4 recently, and that included shipping.

When I sell bulk on Craigslist, I typically get $35-40 for about 3,500 commons and uncommons (no basic lands).

If selling for cash with the crew that plays at my LGS, prices vary on the card (based on demand) and the relationship I have with the other person. Most often, I look for about 80% of what the store would charge.

When I buy from a private party, I'll take a deal if I can get one, but will pay up to what my store charges if the store doesn't have one to sell (and I have an immediate need or desire).

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Thanks HikingStick. That is a good all around summary.

I noticed that the "low" price on deckbox (the low from tcgplayer?) seem to represent what the cards are currently being sold on the low cost side if lightly played or better. What determines mid and high? Just trying to understand those better because sometimes I click see all for sale on tcg for this card and see varying information.

Forgive me if there is a help page about this somewhere. I'll read that if i find it shortly.

HikingStick,

Do the stores typically charge TCD median price or someones median price? Or perhaps they are slightly less, maybe 95% or slightly more? I'm brand new so still learning the game of finance on this so I really appreciate feedback.