Topic: deckbox pricing and tcg pricing?

how do i know which prices to trust?

like on deckbox, dark confidant shows $53.20, $58.60, $69.98 while on tcg player, if i click the link, it shows $46.49 for a low.

Maybe more is going on than i know like tax/shipping or something?

When does this stuff sync or is it on the fly when you load a card's detailed page?

Re: deckbox pricing and tcg pricing?

As i remember from a previous post somewhere on this forum the API changed a bit in order to make sure that the prices listed on tcgplayer affliate websites to be trusted.
When one of the sellers on tcgplayer makes a typo for a example this will only be visible on tcgplayer, not on the affliates..
therefor the sync is done after a while, just to be sure that the shops on tcg have the time to fix any mistakes they've made.
This is as well on minimum as maximum prices smile

MTGStuff wrote:

When does this stuff sync or is it on the fly when you load a card's detailed page?

It is synced daily from tcgplayer. In this case the tcgplayer API does indeed give us 53.20 as a low price, even though their page has 2 other lower prices in the list.

We'll ask them about it, but I think, like Youry says, there are "softening" the extremes of the price range so that they prevent wild price fluctuations caused by some vendors.

I read somewhere that they recently changed their on-site pricing to use the median price rather than the average.  I believe the API used here must be pulling the average price.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.