Topic: Does anyone here make proxies?

Does anyone here have the capability to make decent looking proxies?  If so, I'm willing to trade some real cards to somebody who can make a few proxies for me.  I don't have a printer, or even a copy shop that is decently close to me, and I want to fill out a couple of casual decks with cards that I simply can't afford.

Either reply here, or send me a trade request and we can hash out the finer details.  Also, if this isn't kosher to post here, let me know and I will remove the topic.

Re: Does anyone here make proxies?

Its illegal to trade proxies. Otherwise I would.

is it illegal to trade proxies or trade them as if they were real?   guessing that if the other party KNOWS they are proxies and you are not valueing them the same as real cards. . i dont see the problem.

Mosh00Rider wrote:

Its illegal to trade proxies. Otherwise I would.

According to whom?  I looked all over this site to find something on the topic, but came up empty handed.

http://wordofcommander.blogspot.com/201 … gital.html

You're welcome!

WordOfCommander wrote:

http://wordofcommander.blogspot.com/201 … gital.html

You're welcome!

Unfortunately, I still don't have a printer or local copy shop.

Hrm.... maybe I read wrong, probably is only if you try to pass them off as real.

The legality of proxies is not a gray area.

If you take one card and turn it into another card, it is the legal definition of counterfeiting. 

Example: I take a foil Jhessian Lookout, de-ink it, and make it into a Liliana of the Veil proxy. I will be trading/selling it as something it is not.

There are methods of making proxies that involve cutting away the name and cost bar at the top, leaving that exposed and original, which is legal. Zeerbe does some excellent work on these and I haven't tried it myself yet.

I can't trade you custom foils, and I'm sorry to hear that you don't live near a place that can print things for you. I would suggest you prepare your cards, nine to a page, and make a special trip somewhere. Make sure you bein a card to check the size of the printing.

I currently live in a mountain town which has no print shop, but at least once a month, we drive down into real cities for cheaper groceries.

If you need a hand with the process, I'm happy to help, though different boards have different rules for discussing the creation of these cards.

I am banned from MTGS for repeated violations of their policy of no discussing the how-to of the physical aspect, but reddit mods got in touch with me over discussion of the digital. I don't know deckbox's policy.

WordOfCommander wrote:

The legality of proxies is not a gray area.

If you take one card and turn it into another card, it is the legal definition of counterfeiting. 

Example: I take a foil Jhessian Lookout, de-ink it, and make it into a Liliana of the Veil proxy. I will be trading/selling it as something it is not.

There are methods of making proxies that involve cutting away the name and cost bar at the top, leaving that exposed and original, which is legal. Zeerbe does some excellent work on these and I haven't tried it myself yet.

I can't trade you custom foils, and I'm sorry to hear that you don't live near a place that can print things for you. I would suggest you prepare your cards, nine to a page, and make a special trip somewhere. Make sure you bein a card to check the size of the printing.

I currently live in a mountain town which has no print shop, but at least once a month, we drive down into real cities for cheaper groceries.

If you need a hand with the process, I'm happy to help, though different boards have different rules for discussing the creation of these cards.

I am banned from MTGS for repeated violations of their policy of no discussing the how-to of the physical aspect, but reddit mods got in touch with me over discussion of the digital. I don't know deckbox's policy.

It's all good.  I did enjoy reading the article you posted, and it is something that I intend to try for myself down the line.  It's just not particularly feasible for me at the moment.  Thank you for your input on this, I truly do appreciate it.  smile