Topic: sidisi EDH

Hey i was wondering what u guys thought about Sidisi as a commander in EDH. als owhat would you play with her within the latest set of standard and modern within an EDH deck.

Re: sidisi EDH

In reply to your first question/statement/thing, he's not my style. I personally run Riku, and his playstyle really seems to mesh with how I play EDH or Magic in general. (My favorite thing to do, as anyone who looks at my decklists will see, is to find a little thing about one creature I like and get a lot of it.) But I can definitely see him as a viable commander in casual settings.

Second part of your question, I have to answer with a question: why limit yourself to standard cards? Legacy has some beauties that will work wonderfully here, such as Endless Ranks of the Dead and Doubling Season, not to mention lots more grave-pull. Especially from Innistrad. Really, the entire Dark Ascension block is your best friend in the world, giving you wonderful creatures like Diregraf Captain and Gravecrawler, instants and sorceries like Gravepurge, Zombie Apocalypse and Army of the Damned. And we haven't even touched on the blue or the green cards from the set that would mesh well.

Now that we know we want to run a deck based around zombies, we look to blue and green to help us get more zombies faster. For example, we grab Geralf's Mindcrusher, because a 5/5 for 6, with a mill effect, that becomes a 6/6 when it dies, is a steal. We grab ourselves Call to the Kindred, because we are definitely going to have a zombie on the field to use so we can pull a bunch of zombies out of our deck. We throw in Ghoultree because we will be filling up our graveyard fast. And at that point, a 10/10 for 1 is fabulous. We throw in a Screeching Skaab and an Armored Skaab to help us put more creatures in our graveyard, an Undead Alchemist because it lets you make an unfair amount of zombies, Llanowar Dead to ramp mana, et cetera. Throw in some retrieval like Regrowth and March of the Returned, a couple extra-fun cards like Kheru Lich Lord and Vulturous Zombie, and some removal and mana-ramp, and you have yourself graveborn zombie-hatred deck.

Last edited by kaseron (2014-11-16 09:38:54)