Topic: More inventorying options

Okay, I've got a few things I'd like to ask about here. The first is if there was a way of showing which cards were being used in decks. The reason I'd want that is obvious, not all my cards will be "available" as it is. They'll be in a deck somewhere else and otherwise not able to be incorporated into another deck. I suppose having something along the lines of "available cards" and a count beside the cards in question would be good for deck builds too, since I might have two Graceful Adept cards, but if one is in a deck it'd be nice if I could keep track of which one it was in and so on.

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to add a few or a whole deck into my inventory. Mostly because I'm trying to populate my inventory first by the decks I have, then by the random cards I've collected.

Anyway that's my two cents on the matter, this site is looking sweet so far!

When life gives you lemons, squeeze 'em till they're stupid.

Re: More inventorying options

Okay, I've semi-gotten down what I'm trying to express here. I've attached a picture of what I mean with paint. The extra green icon represents how many cards in your inventory are still available to be added into decks.

[edit] Haha, so it never saved the attachment! Here's an imageshack link instead:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8344/ajanicap.jpg

Last edited by Kalibr (2011-05-17 23:30:21)

Check out this discussion on the matter

http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495

Thanks

Last edited by Spoook (2011-05-18 10:37:59)

Spoook wrote:

Check out this discussion on the matter

http://deckbox.org/forum/search.php?search_id=813427653

Thanks

The link doesn't seem to work?

It does work, but I was to the search and not to the topic... fixed it

Spoook wrote:

It does work, but I was to the search and not to the topic... fixed it

Nope, your search link pointed to an empty search, you can still see it is wrong if you click on it from Kalibr's quote.

On the topic, Kalibr, the 'total number of cards in decks' column is on the todo list, seems many people want it. smile

sebi wrote:

On the topic, Kalibr, the 'total number of cards in decks' column is on the todo list, seems many people want it. smile

For such a card-level column showing how many are in use to be most useful I can see it being worth making a deck-level flag for decks that are currently put together (as opposed to ones that have been disassembled or are just theoretical decklists).

sebi wrote:

<awesome news>

Sweet! I look forward to seeing that in later iterations of the site!

This:

preypacer wrote:

For such a card-level column showing how many are in use to be most useful I can see it being worth making a deck-level flag for decks that are currently put together (as opposed to ones that have been disassembled or are just theoretical decklists).

Would lead to a lot less human error when editing fields.

sebi wrote:

This would be great, but make absolutely sure decks can be excluded ("planned" or "in progress" decks) from this count. Otherwise this column would be utterly useless, as any future deck planning would ruin the count.

Also, as long as decks can be tagged as "completed" or "planned", perhaps add a "retired" tag for decks you used to have but have dismantled, which would also  not be  included in the "in deck" column.

cyclotis04 wrote:

This would be great, but make absolutely sure decks can be excluded ("planned" or "in progress" decks) from this count. Otherwise this column would be utterly useless, as any future deck planning would ruin the count.

Also, as long as decks can be tagged as "completed" or "planned", perhaps add a "retired" tag for decks you used to have but have dismantled, which would also  not be  included in the "in deck" column.

Yes please! This feature would be INVALUABLE to me.