Topic: Can you please fix the prices?

You need to fix where and/or how you get the prices and the frequency of updates, this is ridiculous. This morning, because of deckbox's lack of price updates (for days!), I had to follow though on trading a $25 card for a $15 card. This is an exact history of a trade I just made.

4/8 - I made a forum post listing cards for trade, one of which is a Dragonlord Atarka - FOIL which, at that time, was a $18 card (on deckbox and tcgplayer).
4/8 - A guy opens a trade with me, saying he wants that card. I look at his list and the only thing I see that I want is a Sarkhan Unbroken, which is a $20 card (on deckbox and tcgplayer). I propose that as a trade, but ask him to find another $2 card to even it up.
4/9 - No reply.
4/10 - No reply.
4/11 - He adds Den Protector to the list, which evens it up to [what your site shows as] ~ $20 on both sides. So, thinking that's fine because your site has given me no reason to suspect otherwise, since a couple days ago the price shown was tracking with reality, I accept the trade.

Later that day I happen to go on http://www.mtgstocks.com/interests and what do I see? Dragonlord Atarka and Den Protector are the two cards with the biggest change in price. A Foil Dragonlord Atarka and Den Protector, collectively, are worth around $30. I decided to also check how Sarkhan Unbroken was doing and, to my surprise, he was no longer a $20 card (which your site STILL shows him as, even though tcgplayer and ebay show him at $15). As a matter of fact, deckbox showed the Sarkhan vs. FOIL Dragonlord Atarka/Den Protector trade as being even right up until this morning (4/13 9am EST).

That is just unacceptable. While I don't expect real-time, stock market-esque, updates on the site... taking two days to reflect big price increases, and still being off by A LOT, is patently ridiculous. What's the point of having prices at all if they're going to be days old and as much as 25% off from reality?

Oh, I should note that I did reach out to the other guy and he let me off the hook with the Den Protector added to even up the trade (lol!), so we only did the Dragonlord Atarka - FOIL for the Sarkhan. At least he didn't overly penalize me for deckbox's lack of price updates, which was nice of him.

Re: Can you please fix the prices?

I do agree that card values are slow to update here on Deckbox. However, it is your responsibility to determine the value of the cards you trade/sell regardless of where the transaction occurs. I know we all want Deckbox to be the one-stop-shop for all of our MTG needs, but it just isn't quite there yet. Until it is I will be (and have been) routinely cross-referencing card values with TCGPlayer before, during, and after every single one of my trades.

To be fair, Den Protector literally spiked up in price mid PT this weekend as well as Atarka. In fact they both only spiked up in price on the 11th late in the day (I am talking about like at 3pm on the west coast of the US) according to MTGstocks. This would give a high chance that when you accepted the trade things were fair but luck would not be on your side.

So really, you are expecting instant real time price changes. This was honestly just a trade done with horrible timing. I dont think you should fault Deckbox for this.

valdor wrote:

So really, you are expecting instant real time price changes. This was honestly just a trade done with horrible timing. I dont think you should fault Deckbox for this.

Yes, that was part of it, but, like I said, deckbox also maintained those incorrect prices throughout the day yesterday. So, we're talking something like 36 hours. Also, the spike in prices for the Dragonlord Atarka and Den Protector are a separate issue from Sarkhan Unbroken still showing as a $20 card, which he isn't. If the prices are 4 hours old... even 8 hours old, yea, I get that. If prices are a day and a half old before updating (or not updating at all -- Sarkhan Unbroken) that's an entirely different issue that needs addressing.

You are aware of how the Deckbox Market prices work, right?

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck