Topic: [Standard FNM] Mardu Sacrifice

http://deckbox.org/sets/1055324

I'm looking to be somewhat competitive with this, but don't want to get to far from the main idea.  Looking for some over all advice about mana base and what cards might be a bit better. 

The main idea of the deck is to use Zulaport Cutthroat and sacrificing other creatures to get Butcher of the Horde or  Nantuko Husk in for the kill.  The rest is kind of a control package to get the time to get there. 

The side board idea is to go more controlling or direct damage for the control matchup.  I'd love some help here.

Thanks for looking and considering what can be done with this deck.

Re: [Standard FNM] Mardu Sacrifice

Hmm the lack of Lilianas is something I am noticing. Being able to get your Zulaport Cutthroats back is amazing. Also Fleshbag Marauder is a great card for keeping your opponents down and it is another target for Liliana.

valdor wrote:

Hmm the lack of Lilianas is something I am noticing. Being able to get your Zulaport Cutthroats back is amazing. Also Fleshbag Marauder is a great card for keeping your opponents down and it is another target for Liliana.

Liliana and Hangarback would both be great additions to this deck.  The problem is I'm cheap and don't want to spend over $15 on cards I don't have.  Thanks for taking the time to look.

Thats fair smile. Though it is always helpful if you mention in OP if this is buget.

Either way, I would seriously look into Fleshbag Marauder. The ability to have a creature that triggers your Cutthroat and forces your opponent to sac a creature insane. It is just a common so it wont break the bank. I am not a huge fan of Grave Birthing. if you are just looking for creatures to sac then there are better ones and if you are looking for card draw there is Painful Truths.

There is also the Rally the Ancestors build if you want to move in that direction. It is exactly what you are doing and I am sure you can change things around to fit your budget. Kalastria Healer makes the deck awesome as well since it is another source of drain.

Ok, so for the main deck I would look into these changes:
-2 Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
-2 Grave Birthing
-4 Secure the Wastes
-2 Exquisite Firecraft

+4 Kalastria Healer
+3 Rally the Ancestors
+3 Fleshbag Marauder

The ability to sac all your stuff to your Husk and draining them with Zulaport Cutthroat, then casting Rally to get it all back and draining more from Kalastria Healer, and sacing it all again to husk and then the final set of draining. It seems like a perfect world situation but I have seen it happen more often then you would think.

Last edited by valdor (2015-10-27 15:36:04)